Frontier package??

retorq

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 13, 2006
Hey all, quick question. I'm looking at bundling my DSL (if available) phone and DISH service into one package for $214ish a month. I just upgraded my Dish to a 1000 and traded my 811 for a 211, so I'm good on upgrades for a while. The gal from Frontier says I can just move the balance over to Frontier and pay them. The real dilema is, can I upgrade in the future when something better then what I have now comes out?? Have any of you guys tried the 'dishing it up' promo when it was bundled in with another service like this?? I know someone had SBC and had issues. The Frontier lady was unsure about that. I dont want to call Dish and ask them, I was hoping someone here had an experience they could share.

i thought of doing that with sbc/att but it doesn't save anything in fact they wanted a dollar more a month. you have much better flexibility with separate company's. and if you ever get behind on bills you can juggle the bills better. i dont think you would get as many promotions eather. seance your in a sub-account. and repairs would be looked at differently. although customer care could be much better than dish. i also think you would get much better dish it up's later on! now when att comes out with home zone that might change my mind!:eureka

I suggest you check with DISH about the proposed bundling. With at&t you need to be separated from DISH for 6 months before you can go with them. Frontiers contract maybe different.

:) att already called me to offer the bundle and i dont even have att service. i use to. i told them my situation and they said no problem we can take your money any time just call us back and well even set you up so we can take your money from you without you even knowing until its to late! lol!!! i wont bundle unless they come up with a really good deal. or maybe for the "home zone":)

from personal experience, frontier has pulled customers out of existing aggreements to bundle with them. we found this out when 20-30 of our accounts were charged back to us for "failure to commit aggreement terms" we explained what our situation was, and we were able to get things fixed. but it took awhile to do it. we still probably lose 1-2 accounts a week from this "service" they offer, they sign up current customers, use existing equipment, and the original company/installer gets stuck with the bill. frontier isnt doin the install work, they are just gettin the accounts and sending the info to Dish for the installs/service work.

they sign up current customers, use existing equipment, and the original company/installer gets stuck with the bill.
Yup. Typical. Anybody that's friends with Charlie gets to screw the local guy. :mad:

Me, I say do NOT bundle for any reason - think it through, the hassle of a billing error will cause you more grief than any trivial monthly savings.

You mean bigger billing errors then with Dish?! I don't think that's possible. This month our bill was $350++. When I looked at it and called it seems when they took money out for the 'non returned equipment' and I called and asked for it to be refunded, they refunded the payment and reversed the equipment fee. They gave me back the payment I made before the upgrade and the monthly payment I made soon after the upgrade. I've never seen such nonsense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)