Frustrated with Comcast again.

Petwanel

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 21, 2005
I moved to a brand new residence in 1997 and ordered AT&T cable service. Later AT&T sold to Comcast. In 2002 I bought an HDTV set. The Pioneer Elite 720Pro, to be exact. I ordered Comcast Digital TV service since HDTV was not available as yet. Comcast’s Digital TV was the closest thing to heaven on earth! I believe it was the following year that HDTV became available through Comcast in my area, I made the monumental error in switching from digital tv to hdtv. Comcast’s entire service was nothing short of a sentence to hell. I spent more time pulling the HDTV recorder’s power plug than any other single activity in my life during the time I had the service. Comcast service techs became permanent fixtures in my house and each would contradict the other. Most times they would claim that a problem was fix in the outside network but the pixilation, tiling, audio and video lost continued. My relief came with Voom. After Voom I decided to returned to Comcast hoping that things would have been better and things were better. In fact I was completely impress with Comcast until that dreadful day. The day was February 1st , the day that Dish offered to the public their expanded HD menu. Being greedy I grabbed at the hook. I placed my order and called Comcast for a disconnect, the winback rep was extremely nice we talked for about 40 minutes before I decided to stay with Comcast and I accepted a small monthly discount. While I was talking with the rep and she was reviewing my account my service started to pixilate and flicker. Just before I hung up with the rep my wife said we had loss volume. I told her we the rep is in it and we probably just needed to pull the plug on the box and let it reset. I honestly thought nothing was going to wrong with the service. The rep and ended our conversation and I returned to my perch on the couch to watch one of my favorite shows. I waited for my volume to return and waited and waited. The word mute was on the screen. I pulled the plug again for the fourth time and waited for the reset before calling Comcast back again. I select technical help and told the rep what had happen and that I had pulled the plug several times. It didn’t matter she told me to pull it again and even scrip how I should pull it, I did, it reset, no change. I told the rep not changed and she absolutely put a cold steel dagger in my heart when she requested that I read her the number off the back of the box. I asked her if she was serious. She said yes, I told her she could come and disconnect this mess and read it herself, we hung angrily. Who hung up first? I do not remember it could have been me! I gave up sat down and licked my wounds-I would fight them another day I vowed. We had no service because the same was true on my other 2 sd tv sets. About 3 hrs later my wife pulled the power, the hd recorder reset the sound returned and the mute message went away. However, the picture continued to break repeatedly. I continued to be so frustrated with Comcast that I did nothing for over a week hoping that it would go away. It didn’t so I called Comcast again. I tried to explain to the service rep what I was going through, she repeatedly interrupt my complaining with the single question. Do you want me to send a signal to the box or a technician to your home? Adding that that was my only two options. I opted for the signal to the box and we hang up. The service continued to be mess up. I called again the service rep gave me the same two options, that time I opted for the technician’s visit. Needless to say I missed the technician. Totally my fault. My service is still mess up after 22 day. Do I live with this or go to Dish Network. I have no experience with Dish Network but I have been reading this site for more than a year now. My only conclusion from what I have been reading is that Duish has its fans and that Comcast has theirs. I know that Comcast will send me 3 to 4 techs daily at no charge and they will not fix my problem. How is Dish network’s service?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)