FS1 signal problem

Ramy

The Star Wars Collector Podcast
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2004
Here
I can't watch FS1 without it streaming. What satellite does it reside on? I get 0 signal on 110 and 119. Are those still being used?

I get all 0's on 103(ca). What can I do to get signal?

110 is not currently receivable 119 carries local SD duplicates on national beams for some marketss. If you can't receive it, you may have an antenna alignment alignment problem.

I get signal on 101 in the 90's on some channels

What is the best route to align the dish? I am the one who put it up and it worked fine until a few weeks ago

what's your weather? The gold standard for alignment is a DirecTV AIM meter. Not something that most of us have. Calling DirecTV for a truck roll will get that. What I use for a SWM LNB is a cheap analog signal meter and a splitter that forces reception of only 101 and provides 18V DC to the LNB, DirecTV used that when they first introduced SWM LNBs. You then have to go through a process called "dithering". You count the the number of turns of the adjustment screw between two points left and right of center where the signal strength is for example 75% of what it is at the peak, then center the dish between those two points. You do that first for elevation, then for azimuth. If your skew is set properly, 119 should come in. If you are dead center on 101, 99 and 103 will come in. But you can't just tune for the peak on 101, because the SWM LNB has Automatic Gain control, which creates a broad, flat peak. It is possible, I'm told, to use the signal meter on the STB, but you need a helper.

When my dish has gone out of alignment it usually has been the elevation adjustment.

Last edited:
What is the best route to align the dish? I am the one who put it up and it worked fine until a few weeks ago
Doing it correctly demands patience above all else. YouTube has several videos on how to do it.

If you have a standalone receiver and a portable TV (or a computer monitor featuring HDMI), you can move them near the dish and use the receivers diagnostic screens to tell you how you're doing. The screens don't update particularly quickly so that's where the patience comes in.

If you have a Genie 2 system, it gets a lot more complex as you may need an assistant and some two-way communications equipment.