FTA KU dish with LNB bracket for two LNBs

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

kraftwerk76

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 16, 2007
--Hi, all. I am going to put up an FTA KU dish for a friend so he can watch all of the good programs on G18/123°. The thing is, there are going to be two receivers on one dish/LNB. What would be the best thing to do? Should I just hook up a splitter/diplexer to the LNB and then have the two receivers hooked up to it like that (Don't worry, I won't forget to turn off the power to the LNB on one of the receivers)? Or would it be better to get a bracket that holds two LNBs? Where would I find a dual LNB bracket? Thanks for any help.

Hi. Thanks. Yeah, that is probably what I will do...buy a dual LNB, that way, I won't have to mess with a splitter...also, I just realized that one receiver would have to be on all the time so that the other receiver would be able to receive programming. Now to buy a dual LNB.

nope. Both boxes can be on or off. Each receiver will power the LNB just fine

just get a dual and hook both receivers to it. Both boxes will get G10 just fine :)

nope. Both boxes can be on or off. Each receiver will power the LNB just fine

just get a dual and hook both receivers to it. Both boxes will get G10 just fine :)

That is correct. One cable/receiver to each port on the LNB. 2 cables - two ports - two receivers. No switches, or spliters required. If you want more than 2 receivers then you will still need only two cables from the LNB to the switch and one cable to each receiver! When you get past 8 receivers then it can get dicey but by then.... well, you know!
POP:D

--I just thought of something, though. Say I buy an LNB with dual outputs, what if one receiver is on a transponder that is transmitting horizontally, and the other receiver is on a transponder that is transmitting vertically? How would that work?

I think you'll find that a dual LNB is just that -- DUAL -- each would act as a seperate unit. No problem with the kdifference in polarity..

It doesn't matter with a dual lnb. They can both be on the same polarity or they can be on different polarities. Each connection to to the lnb is allowed to select vertical or horizontal regardless of what the other connection is connected to. It is all controlled by solid state electronics inside the lnb.

Edit: DishDigger beat me to posting.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)