FTA satellite

Status
Please reply by conversation.

keokuk

Original poster
Oct 31, 2005
Huntersville, NC
Just found this site and have a couple questions. I have a viewsat vs2000 receiver, a Fortec Star 33" dish with a Stab HH-90 rotor and Coolsat Ku-band 10750 LNB.
I finally got the dish where it should be and I downloaded the update for the receiver and I am able to receive 21 satellites (gold). My question is:

I cannot receive those channels that have a TP lower than 11000. Would I be able to if I had a Universal LNB rather than the Standard one I now have.

I am new to this but I retired 16 yrs. ago after 40 yrs. as a radio engineer working in radio and TV stations and I think this will be a great hobby for me, but now I'm disapointed the kinds of pgms I can get.
Thanks, keokuk

welcome :wave

There really isnt much on KU under 11000...there's PAS9 for Cubavision, but anything else lower than 11000 is C-band (the 4 digit freuqency numbers). Need a 6' or bigger dish for those :)

Thanks for the quick response. Is there any equipment or software out there that will help me to get more in the clear channels. I'm not interested in trying to get encrypted stuff but things like HD.
Thanks, keokuk

Iceberg said:
PC cards are really the only thing that can get HD (PBS on AMC3 for example)
Not if you have a Tandburg 1282 IRD :D

Also I noticed some stuff a little lower in frequency 11.6 and below on NSS7 when I was there the other day. I do not know if any of it is ITC.

Neal

No Strings said:
Not if you have a Tandburg 1282 IRD :D

Also I noticed some stuff a little lower in frequency 11.6 and below on NSS7 when I was there the other day. I do not know if any of it is ITC.

Neal

I thought it was Tandberg?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)