Funny Video . 1977 News Story about an FBI Raid of a Home Film Collector!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
I enjoyed that, thanks!

His lawsuit apparently went to trial in 1981. Here is the case summary: FRISCHMANN v. UNITED STATES

Interesting how the FBI posed as 'collectors' to gain access. They bought one for $200 :eek: - wow, that seams high for 1977 $$'s. They did end up returning the films to him (years later), that kind of surprised me as well as they were obvious 'bootlegs'.

I enjoyed that, thanks!

His lawsuit apparently went to trial in 1981. Here is the case summary: FRISCHMANN v. UNITED STATES

Interesting how the FBI posed as 'collectors' to gain access. They bought one for $200 :eek: - wow, that seams high for 1977 $$'s. They did end up returning the films to him (years later), that kind of surprised me as well as they were obvious 'bootlegs'.

They went after Roddy McDowell and raided his house a few years before this. Disney and Universal seemed to be the only studios who really went after them during that time.

He crossed the line when he violated the fair use provision by trying to sell the films. "All part of the Hobby" is silly and ignorance of the Fair Use Provision section that forbids "distribution for profit or free". I do have a problem with the FBI claiming they are above the law too in illegal search and seizure as well as the local police cowardly refusing to investigate a burglary call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)