Future satellite launches?

varaonaid

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 14, 2005
Hi there,

I'm really wavering now between Dish and D*. Having trouble deciding which one to go with. One of the things making me take a second look at Dish is the new HD they've added/announced (ie MSNBC HD). I'm assuming that with the (relatively) recent sat launch, they're doing ok for transponder space at the moment but I'm wondering what's planned for the future. Are there any other launches lined up? If so, when and how will it affect things? What do you see happening in the HD front...will they continue to add channels?

Any thoughts you have would be most helpful. Thanks!

As I recall from reading the various threads in the forum, Dish has a satellite that will be launched this fall and another next year. In addition, Dish will probably have access to some of the new Ciel (Canadian) satellites when they are launched in the next two or three years.

Dish has been running a little behind on their launch schedules due to loss of AMC-14 last year but seems to be catching back up. More channels should be available by mid-year, and Dish is really making a move on the HD locals front. I have Dish so I am biased in its favor, but the addition of my locals in HD and some 10 other HD channels since February 1 of this year has me feeling perky. Either Dish or DirecTv would probably suit you fine if your HD access is currently limited.

Good luck either way you go.

Best of luck,
Fitzie

Althought I'm a Dish subscriber, I think its mostly a shot in the dark where the satellite race will be in the future. You have no way of knowing if one or both companies will start over compressing their signal.

If you're a huge sports fan, DirectTV would likely be the preferred provider. Otherwise, DishNetwork......for now. :)

I find that I watch a lot of local OTA and not that much satellite. You might want to rethink your options.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)