Future Tech that didn't make it

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
A revised rotary is coming back. Perhaps as just a range extender.

So what would replace electric cars? Mr. Fusion?

Reactions: TheKrell
Video conferencing via telephone with TV monitor equipped.
It has been done so much in various speculative sci-fi films and TV shows since day one of the telephone and the CRT monitor...

(at least today there's Skype and Facebook Portal)

Electric vehicles will be everywhere in the not too distant future. Naturally the US will be behind the curve, and scramble later to catch up.

Electric vehicles. People seem to think electricity grows on trees. The fact is the grid is already stressed and with the push to shut down coal generators thing are going to get worse, not better. You're already seeing rates jump as much as $50 a month in some areas and it won't be long before the politicians come up with creative ways to tax electric vehicles so look for a rude awakening in the not too distant future.

Dominion's nearly $50 monthly power bill hike in Virginia is a warning for other states

Nope. There’s projections that since most charging is done at night, when grid loads are low, the current grid can handle up to about 50% BEVs before added capacity is needed.

Electric vehicles will be everywhere in the not too distant future. Naturally the US will be behind the curve, and scramble later to catch up.
electric will be in populated areas
until they extend the range to 500 miles, and have 5 min charging anyplace, it will never make it in a rural area

Reactions: lparsons21
Power varies so much from State to State and we have some of the cheapest rates in the country. I think there is only 1 coal power plant now still online. I'd have to go back and find the flyer online that we got several months ago from the power company, but around 70% of our power is from renewables, ( mainly hdryo and wind with some solar being added now) the rest is natural gas and that 1 coal plant which I think is scheduled to go offline in the next year.

I didn't realize how many charging stations there were around here other than a few Tesla stations. While leaving the lake a few weeks ago, I noticed a new 8 bay charging station in the Wal Mart parking lot out there in Wagoner. I have no idea what the charging capacity of all these stations are though.