G4/Tech Tv Debuts on Friday May 28th Dish/ direct. Voom please carry

calikarim

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 19, 2004
Santa Monica, CA
G4 & TechTV will be upgrading to form one network that will take digital entertainment to the next level.

G4techTV will be the one and only network that is plugged into every dimension of games, gear, gadgets & gigabytes.

We’ve got a great new game plan featuring the best elements from both channels. Most of your favorite shows will be crossing over when we join forces on “G-Day”: May 28th.

You’ll find everything you need to know about our upcoming alliance right here on g4techtv.com. We’ll keep you posted on all the latest developments, including our combined programming lineup, new original series, specials or any other last minute details we’re planning in order to create the perfect blend of both channels.

In the meantime, score more of what’s in store for you. During each network’s ongoing broadcasts, we’ll be running sneak previews showcasing the best & brightest programming of both G4 and TechTV.

Of course, if there’s anything else you want to know, send your comments and/or questions to mergerinfo@g4techtv.com. You can also leave your comments and/or questions on our toll-free comment line at (800) 839-7880.

STAY CONNECTED. voom Please Carry G4/Tech Tv it is one amazing channel.
It will have the latest video games infor, shows on Video games gears etc. It would be the most amazing addition to voom lineup

> G4 & TechTV will be upgrading to form one network <

Quite an "upgrade". 2 dedicated channels merged into one. Half the time previously spent on eachs content. Discard one entire channel's worth of content. These bogus "spin" claims are really annoying, and an insult to our intelligence.

- Tim

I'm going to go ahead and say I would rather Voom only add HD channels from here on out. I think more networks should follow TNT's lead and start broadcasting in HD. Even if it's a channel I would never watch, it would setting a trend. I congratulate TNT on taking the plunge and urge G4TechTV to follow suit.

TechTV and G4 had to merge. TechTV never ran mainstream commercials. McDonalds, Budweiser, all the big advertisers never aired a commercial on TechTV. That should tell you something about their ratings. And both channels ran repeats at least half the time, so now you'll have all the good stuff, but no repeats. I really want this channels. Niche cable channels aren't going HD for quite awhile. If A&E and the History channel aren't HD yet, it's unfair to expect TechTV. Also, if Voom checked out their current subscribers demographics, you'd find it very skewed in terms of people who want this channel. I always paid my cable company an extra $3/month for this channel, and I would do so now.

Walter L. I agree with you. The one channel that you would expect to be HD (and be one of the first to become HD) isnt. I think that is very strange.

It's True, TechTV Is No More.
Today 5/28/04 G4 Took Over TechTV.
"Call for Help" Is Now Gone From The Lineup.

This Is A Very Sad Day.

As Leo Laporte once said about TechTV going Hi-Def, there really isn't a need for this format on a tech/talk/news/info channel.

All it would really do is bring higher detail to peoples faces. It would be like having C-Span in hi-def.

Just my opinion. I don't thing it is warranted.

BTW.. I am gonna miss Leo. I think he was the best host. I think there should be a petition to get him back.

wbuffetta commented:
> It's True, TechTV Is No More. "Call for Help" Is Now Gone From The Lineup. <

Re: the PR bullsh!t... "G4 & TechTV will be upgrading", thanks for the "upgrade" guys.

- Tim

I was just reading Leoville.com It says there he'll be doing daily tech tips on the new channel. What are the casting situations on the old techtv shows?

I want my Techtv

TechTv G4tv, not a good combination just yet. If all you like is video games, cheats codes, or watching a show with people playing video games and very little tech news, this channel is for you. I was a long time viewer of Tech TV and I must say it is very disapointing to lose a good resource of education and entertainment. If I want to know about a video game I'll play it. This "merged" channel is still young, and there is a whole lot of room for improvement. I want to give them a chance, but it is so hard to watch this G4techtv channel now. I used to leave it on all day, now I wind up changing it to something else all the time. I have another satellite service right now, I stayed with them mainly because of Techtv and the SCIFI channel, since the merge of the two channels I have been looking for another pay television provider. If I am going to spend money for a television provider, I figure I may as well have the best HD provider there is. I think I may have found it with VOOM. I was trying to get away from G4techtv. If it comes to VOOM I hope that their programming content will improve. They pissed off alot of viewers and probably lost alot of viewers. In my case, the service provider will be losing a customer as well. I'm not against games, but I would rather learn about technology than watch other people play video games all day. "LONG LIVE TECHTV!!! YOU ARE MISSED BY YOUR LOYAL VIEWERS AND FANS. I WANT MY HDTV AND TECHTV!!!"

Shadowburnx4 said:
TechTv G4tv, not a good combination just yet. If all you like is video games, cheats codes, or watching a show with people playing video games and very little tech news, this channel is for you. I was a long time viewer of Tech TV and I must say it is very disapointing to lose a good resource of education and entertainment. If I want to know about a video game I'll play it. This "merged" channel is still young, and there is a whole lot of room for improvement. I want to give them a chance, but it is so hard to watch this G4techtv channel now. I used to leave it on all day, now I wind up changing it to something else all the time. I have another satellite service right now, I stayed with them mainly because of Techtv and the SCIFI channel, since the merge of the two channels I have been looking for another pay television provider. If I am going to spend money for a television provider, I figure I may as well have the best HD provider there is. I think I may have found it with VOOM. I was trying to get away from G4techtv. If it comes to VOOM I hope that their programming content will improve. They pissed off alot of viewers and probably lost alot of viewers. In my case, the service provider will be losing a customer as well. I'm not against games, but I would rather learn about technology than watch other people play video games all day. "LONG LIVE TECHTV!!! YOU ARE MISSED BY YOUR LOYAL VIEWERS AND FANS. I WANT MY HDTV AND TECHTV!!!"
I, for one was disappointed that I had never had G4TV on D* or Voom and am glad I now have it-even though Tech TV prog. has been "gutted"-Bring back "Call For Help" and dump that Martin S. crap btw and keep feeding me more VG shows-Love most of 'em-Just my opinion though, feel free to disagree-lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts