Georgia Voomers?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DBENE

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 26, 2004
Just looking to see if anyone has VOOM in GA. Specifically the Atlanta Metro area. Wondering about the quality of service, installation, and product.

DB

I'm in Lawrenceville and had a good experience with the install. I had to get the upgraded antenna for the OTA because it points straight into the thickest part of the trees on my lot. If you get an installer named George you will be in good shape, he had a lot of experience not only with satellite but cable as well (he worked for ATT broadband, MediaOne and Wometco - which is now Comcast). He even said that he read the forums online and was able to address all of my concerns. If you are out there thanks again George!

I will let you know tomorrow maybe. I am scheduled for the morning tomorrow, but the installer isn't sure if they will get the equipment in time.

If they get the STB, etc I will let you know how things go. What area of town are you in?

http://www.atlantadtv.org/ is a good source for OTA reception and information as well.

I am getting Voom set up on Monday the 23rd. I hope everything goes o.k. They have set me up with Installs Inc. and my installer's name is Ray. I called them already to make them aware of what I was expecting and to answer some concerns because plenty of people have them elsewhere.

I am in Savannah, GA. I got Voom a few weeks back. I can only get the local NBC and CBS. Anyone else in Savannah having luck getting Fox?

There is an Atlanta Area Voomer thread. I'm in Alpharetta, just on the border of Forsyth, but still in Fulton County. I get all the OTAs just fine and had a great installation. So far so good.

Savannah

kk00020 said:
I am in Savannah, GA. I got Voom a few weeks back. I can only get the local NBC and CBS. Anyone else in Savannah having luck getting Fox?
I am on Wilmington Island and can not get FOX

tybee4ch said:
I am on Wilmington Island and can not get FOX

Know any productive way to complain to the local FOX channel? I have heard they are broadcasting in HD but at low power. I really want to be able to watch the NFL games in HD instead of over crappy cable.

-Brad

Rather than start a new thread, thought I'd check here for anyone in the metro Augusta area that might be Vooming.

Just ordered yesterday (install on 1/7) and checking for installation and local reception experiences.

Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)