GEOSATpro DVR1100c Remote Problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Gary Z

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 27, 2005
Seguin, Texas
I noticed an interesting problem with the GEOSATpro DVR1100c -- this has happened 3 times so far in a six months time frame not a big issue but kind of annoying.

The remote will begin acting like the batteries are low-- working intermittently.
I buy and install new batteries but the problem persists. I then turn the receiver off with the switch in the rear and back on-- problem solved--re-install old batteries and remote works with them also-- the problem seems to be with the receiver needing to be rebooted every so often.

This can happen with the DSR-100c, DSR-200c as well as the DVR-1100c GeoSatPros.
Everything is a computer any more. I have noticed the problem more with folks who live in rural areas - maybe the power has more fluctuations.
Bob

yes everything is a computer now a days--but good to know it happens on other receivers also-- lets me know I don't have receiver that is going out.

This can happen with the DSR-100c, DSR-200c as well as the DVR-1100c GeoSatPros.
Everything is a computer any more. I have noticed the problem more with folks who live in rural areas - maybe the power has more fluctuations.
Bob

Are you being fair to those of us who live in rural areas? Sometimes I wonder how many Glorystar customers live in urban areas.... And power problems? OK I do have lots of thosse, but I had just as much of a power problem in South Everett!
"Fair" is not the issue - accurate yes. Having been involved with an electric utility for over 25 years, I know that there are more power outages in rural areas. By extension, those with more outages have more power spikes. But I have seen very "dirty" power around industrial areas. Everett may have been one of those areas - I don't have knowledge about Everett. However, those of you who live "off of the grid" will have to tell me how "clean" your power is!:)
Bob

RV1pop.... Tried to PM, but your box is over limit. Thank you for calling our office yesterday! The date issue was corrected.
I guess my pub membership expires on my birthday, since it was a birthday present, but I did not get notified - Hey I am getting older.... And I forget. Thought the date issue was humorous.

And to the Clean power issue, when I pay for an instrument that should last 10 years - or even a year - I expect at least a bit of long term stability for the right price.

Yeah, I know, my $40 APEX DVD player lasted two weeks - but what do I expect for $40? But that is a clamping problem on the drive mech. Put 2 DVDs in at a time and it works!

Also, blaming the power line is probably not the answer. Mine works fine when I have the most power problems. Static from the wind and lightning seem to cause my need to reboot, which can be daily...

Thanks for the info on the power switch. I was starting to pull my hair out. This is the first time I've ever experienced the problem, and I just recently moved out in the sticks. (dirty power?)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)