Get Dish to Waive Fees for Hopper/Joey?

rtukani

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 25, 2015
PA
So my current setup is a ViP 722 with 2 TVs (Dual Tuner Function). I recently got the hard drive failure error, got it to boot up, and saved my recordings and timers. Before I make the call to DISH for replacement, I was wondering if anyone has success convincing DISH to waive the Hopper/Joey fees? Been a customer for 15 yrs myself and got them to waive the $7 DVR fee and got a $15 credit on my programming.

No, especially with the credits you had. They keep track of such things.

No, especially with the credits you had. They keep track of such things.

Every time my credits expire I just call them back and they credit me again. They may be a bit stricter now since broadcasting costs increase..

Getting a DVR fee waiver is one thing. Waivers on equipment fees will not happen. And if you do go up to the Hopper, you will most likely get the DVR fee reinstated.

They don't actually waive the fees, they apply credits to the account equal to the fees, and you might get a temp credit, but credits are not meant to be permanent. The more credits you receive, the lower your value as a customer is, but you are not completely devalued. Credits and offers are completely tracked for multiple reasons including agent evaluation and save rates, but on the consumer side, if you are a 15 year customer but have paid something like $40 for $15 years, they are not and cannot profit off you. If you have a $200/month bill and only ask for the $7 dvr service credited, you are still profitable. Equations up the wahoo on value to each person served.

They don't actually waive the fees, they apply credits to the account equal to the fees, and you might get a temp credit, but credits are not meant to be permanent. The more credits you receive, the lower your value as a customer is, but you are not completely devalued. Credits and offers are completely tracked for multiple reasons including agent evaluation and save rates, but on the consumer side, if you are a 15 year customer but have paid something like $40 for $15 years, they are not and cannot profit off you. If you have a $200/month bill and only ask for the $7 dvr service credited, you are still profitable. Equations up the wahoo on value to each person served.
Well, I wonder how valuable I am to them since I got $65.00 off for a year on my account and $30.00 off on my 2nd account for a year? I 've been getting credits for the last couple of years and I intend on getting them in May when this one runs out.

Couldn't tell you, just that each customer has a value. It's the one part where each customer is rated based on their own history. I just read about a customer that had been a long time customer that had similar credits still paying about $135 a year after the credit. They had been getting so many, that Dish finally said no, and let them go. They talked to multiple loyalty reps and their bluff was called, they cancelled.

Couldn't tell you, just that each customer has a value. It's the one part where each customer is rated based on their own history. I just read about a customer that had been a long time customer that had similar credits still paying about $135 a year after the credit. They had been getting so many, that Dish finally said no, and let them go. They talked to multiple loyalty reps and their bluff was called, they cancelled.
Now they wait 60 days and come back as a new customer and get all new deals.

Now they wait 60 days and come back as a new customer and get all new deals.
As a logical consumer I agree, but that person (this was just a complaint site) was probably a stupid consumer and thinking emotionally feeling like they got scammed or something of the nature and won't come back to Dish until the next company treats them the same way.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Dish upgraded both of my hopper 2000s to 2 hws for free with no commitment after the one broke. They sent me a replacement hopper 2000 that didnt work out of the box. Then an installer came out and swapped it out and that one stopped working after a couple of hours. When i called in, retention hooked me up with the 2 hws deal. I called a couple of times to verify that i have no commitment. Im sure it all depends on a number of factors. What agent you get,how you handle yourself on the phone,status of your account,your customer value,etc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts