Getting KWGN on Channel 2 in DFW

dperez

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 4, 2005
DFW
Hey everyone, I don't know if any one is seeing this but I have the DFW locals and the Superstations and tonight both my 510 and 501 are showing KWGN on Channel 2. Has any one else seen this too?

Dom

KWGN is channel 2 in Denver. Since you have the superstations, I'm assuming you see KWGN as channel 2 on your dish guide and lineup. There possibly could be a channel map error, this is a possibility due to the changing of the networks. I don't know if there is a some kind of ownership pact for stations to duplicate signals from a sister station that relates to the two cities. If anything, consider yourself lucky. You can now see KWGN on two allocations! On channel 2 and 235 (maybe even 8204).

After looking at the dishlist, looks like it's a channel map error. Your channel 2 in DFW is a Daystar channel. Dishnetwork should be remapping your channel 2 to be a mirror of channel 263 on dishnetwork. You're still lucky, personally I'd consider a WB or CW affiliate over a Daystar anyday.

dperez said:
Hey everyone, I don't know if any one is seeing this but I have the DFW locals and the Superstations and tonight both my 510 and 501 are showing KWGN on Channel 2. Has any one else seen this too?

Dom

Same here on my 501 in NH. I also have the superstations.

Its a glitch in the system. If your area has a channel 2, it shows what that is but the guide shows KWGN (as an example, in Mpls we have a PBS station on 2 and it shows that when you select it, but the guide shows KWGN)

Yeah.

Our Channel 2 here is a PBS station that goes by the call letters of KDTN.

I'm surprised DISH would even have that local available. It's a very small station, plus we already have a PBS station, KERA channel 13.

I'm in the Lexington, KY market and I'm getting KWGN on both my receivers (a 508 and a 4700) on channel 2 as well as the other channel assigments(235 & 8204) since I subscribe to the superstation package.

Could it be that Dish and the new CW network worked out a deal to position themselves a better slot especially in markets where there will be no local CW station. The flaw in my agrument is why they didn't use the Miami station (channel 251) instead of the Denver station which all local subscribers have if they don't have a current WB regardless if they have the superstation package or not.

Thanks Iceberg. I skipped over your previous comment. I just remembered where Dish changed a transponder recently for KWGN and jumped to the conclusion it was intentional.

Last edited:
Yeah. Denver was among a hundred or so channels which had a code change which may be associated with the EPG entries for Local OTA Digitals. The change was noted here, but the actual reason for the change is just a guess. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts