Getting Occasional Chedk Switch Warning

drizler

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 9, 2005
Ok after an hour of searching the place I give up. Dish 500 with 522 and running fine for over 5 years. ZIP is 12921, I get the occasional banner noted in the title. Signal strength on 119 is around 73-75 and inadequate. Later on it seems to clear up and go away. It doesn't seem to be cloud related but I do notice that after 3 years or so of almost never losing a singal to rain that it happens with noticeable regularity nowdays. I do live in one of those areas that gets lots of wind so the dish surely gets pounded with 50+ knot gusts at least a couple times a year. Whats the signal strength reqired to get a picture? I get the impression that I am right on the ragged edge of signal strength lately and need to get up there and go back and forth a tad with the dish like I used to have to do so very often with my old BUD. Is this correct? I assume I can just bring up the signal menu and get up there and do my thing till it peaks after marking the original position like in the old days. Anything else worth knowing?

Minimum signal to get a picture is %45, but that picture will go out at the slightest bump or twist or thermal change in the dish and or mount. Each transponder on a satellite will read a diferent signal strength so lets say transponder 11 on 119 reads %99 the transponder 12 will probably read %101.

In your instance you have probably hit it right on the head, your dish has become out of tune due to the winds so its possible that the dish hardware was not adequately tightened down during the install or the mount has suffered the abuse of the winds putting pressure on the lag bolts if its mounted to a structure or the soil holding the cement for the pole.

Thanks Van I will give that a try tonite

Can't really blame the installer as its on my roof and the winds are just nasty here sometimes. At any rate no wind is neary as hard as a 1500 lb horse scratching it's back on your BUD. Its just the right height and sharp enough to get in all the right places for that perfect scratch session. :D That will put you off the satellite for sure and try making the kid keep the horses out of the yard. Better off trying to stop the wind from blowin. Thanks for the help.

In his case a connection issue is minimal at best, the customer knows his location and probably had to deal with wind issues with his old cband. Its not uncommon for this issue to affect those who live on the eastern side of a lake, I've relocated and retuned dishes for customers in this situation, same thing for those who live in very large open fields.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts