Going price for a 622

fish

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 31, 2004
I have one 622, one old sd dvr, and an old HD non dvr reciver all hooked up. I would like to get 2 more 622s. One to replace my old HD non DVR which is leased and another to lease as we just added a large room to our home.

So I would have 4 recievers coming out of my 4 feeds from the dish.

3 622s and one old standard dvr.

My questions are...

1. how much for a 622 for the one hd non dvr that is leased that I would return, and how much for a 622 for which I will have no trade for?

2. Is Dish allowing one to have more than one 622 leased? From this site it sounds like they are.

3. If they are, do I need to email the CEO email and what is the email adress?

4. Should I just bid on some 622s on ebay? They seeem a lot more expensive than what members here are getting multiple 622s for.

I think you'd best call the DishStore. See ads at top of this page. Don't count on more than one leased ViP622. They may also be interested in your non dvr HD receiver.

ceo@echostar.com

I think you'd best call the DishStore. See ads at top of this page. Don't count on more than one leased ViP622. They may also be interested in your non dvr HD receiver.

ceo@echostar.com

Thanks for the answer. It would be nice to hear some others too. I bought from the Dish Store before and they were excellent. I'll check there 622s now.

On ebay, the lowest it gets is $400, roughly speaking. Of course, on ebay, some sellers are excellent (one of the site sponsors sells on ebay), and some are not. ;)

PS Each 622 has two tuners, so you need 7-8 feeds ! You can accomplish this with a switch, assuming that you can get the 622's

PS Each 622 has two tuners, so you need 7-8 feeds ! You can accomplish this with a switch, assuming that you can get the 622's

Well if he has a dish 1000 or what ever configure he has with the three feeds going to a dpp 44 then all he needs is one feed to each seperator wich then makes two feeds to the 622.

Well if he has a dish 1000 or what ever configure he has with the three feeds going to a dpp 44 then all he needs is one feed to each seperator wich then makes two feeds to the 622.

woah. getting complicated. I have a dp44. It has 4 outputs on it. Each one of the feeds can feed a 622 right? Meaning that I can have a total of 4 622s coming of the one dpp44. Correct?

woah. getting complicated. I have a dp44. It has 4 outputs on it. Each one of the feeds can feed a 622 right? Meaning that I can have a total of 4 622s coming of the one dpp44. Correct?

Your are correct, sir!

what can/should I do? I want to move up to a 2 tuner HD DVR receiver from my current DP510 (that i bought)

I think that means I should go to the 622VIP (i assume so which is why im posting in this thread), or is there a new model coming out soon that I should wait for? Where am I going to get the best deal on this unit and should I be purchasing or leasing it?

I dont know what my 510 is worth (if anything) so im not sure how foolish it was for me to buy it outright 3 or so years ago. If my existing unit isnt worth much maybe I will just give it to my parents who have an old ass non-dvr receiver...

your thoughts?

Current best deal is the "Dishn' It Up" lease program - usually $149 up front for the 622 - and there is a rebate for $49 credit and there is a rebate for $10 credit every month for $10 months assuming you subscribe to the $20 per month HD package (which is why one would want a 622).

I just did this, and I'm happy with it.

Your parents will have to pay a $6 per month DVR fee if you give the 510 to them.

so 149 up front, and how much per month to "lease" the unit?

credits aside I would be looking at my current cost for the top 200 package with locals(47.99), plus 5.98 down the drain for the "privilege" of using the DVR, plus 20 per month for the HD package? Anyone know how much it is for the package that gets me the National Geographic Channel in HD?

15 <--cost to get package with national geographic channel?
10 <--cost to lease 622?

100 bucks a month.....boy do they soak ya...

so 149 up front, and how much per month to "lease" the unit?

credits aside I would be looking at my current cost for the top 200 package with locals(47.99), plus 5.98 down the drain for the "privilege" of using the DVR, plus 20 per month for the HD package? Anyone know how much it is for the package that gets me the National Geographic Channel in HD?

15 <--cost to get package with national geographic channel?
10 <--cost to lease 622?

100 bucks a month.....boy do they soak ya...

There is a new package called "DVR Advantage" which includes AT200, locals, and DVR fee, all for $49.99. Adding HD to that is another $20.

As of February 1st, there is no cost to lease 622 if you subscribe to $20 HD package.

It's funny that you mention National Geographic HD, because it is unique in that you need to subscribe to National Geographic SD (ie regular NG), in order to receive it (as well as the HD package). This is ironic - because there is not very much HD content on the channel at this time - probably only the new prime time programs that they advertise will be in HD.

On the other hand, Discovery HD Theater has similar programming and it is 100% in beautiful quality HD - and is included in the HD package.

But if you must have National Geographic HD, then the upgrade from AT200 to AT250 is $10 per month.

thanks for the info about the national geographic channel!

Does the 622 only do HDTV over HDMI?

bah, nevermind.

just got off the phone with dish network...couldnt be more disappointed.

They dont offer any of my locals in HD, or NESN in HD, and they want to tag on another 5 dollar monthly fee since i dont have a phone line to connect the unit to.

so its 80 bucks per month for
espn
espn2
nfl network
a&e
tnt
HGTV
foodtv
in HD.....weak....

man, I was so stoked for this too.

bah, nevermind.

just got off the phone with dish network...couldnt be more disappointed.

They dont offer any of my locals in HD, or NESN in HD, and they want to tag on another 5 dollar monthly fee since i dont have a phone line to connect the unit to.

so its 80 bucks per month for
espn
espn2
nfl network
a&e
tnt
HGTV
foodtv
in HD.....weak....

man, I was so stoked for this too.

ER... aren't there about 20-25 MORE HD channels you left out?

yea...theres like 19 more 'new' channels. I mentioned this in another thread:

Its great that DN has its own lineup of HD channels but it seems silly to get HD service and then watch these 19 networks you have never heard of before....basically changing what programs you watch so that regardless of the content, at least its being displayed in HD. And if I dont change what I watch just to make sure im watching something in HD, then im watching SD channels 90% of the time. I can understand them not offering NESN HD (i guess..) but locals? yikes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)