Gol on Dish 110

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Hoss

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 26, 2004
Glendale, AZ
I finally got my new FTA receiver (SAT 3618) hooked up to my 18" dish and was able to check out what was available on Dish 110. I have been unable to find Gol tv. Can someone tell me if Gol is still FTA from Dish 110? Thanks for the help.

last I checked it still was (this was about a week ago)...Hopefully someone can chime in that is checking today :)

Sure is still FTA! Was watching yesterday or the day before, one of the best FTA channels up there : )

You need to set the LNB L.O. to 11250 and it has to be a DBS LNB (Dish/DirecTV).

Sorry for all the questions - but how does one go about setting the LNB L.O. to 11250 on a 3618? This receiver is driving me nuts as the user manual is a complete joke.

I don't have my 3618 plugged in right now, but its in the antenna set up screen, then you just scroll down and change the L.O. to 11250

Menu

Installation

Blind scan

down to LNB Freq

and enter 11250

OK

and you are then blind scanning, I had to set it up again anyway as there are two hockey games on FTA at the same time tonight I NEED to watch, good luck!

I am starting to wonder if I have the same machine as you. When I press menu on the remote there is no antenna setup option. I have the seven following options - tv channels, radio channels, installation, channel setting, system setup, default value and accessory list. I guess I will have to play around some more with it. It is kind of strange that I can get all the other free Dish channels, but not Gol. I have a great deal to learn with my new hobby.

Learning is half the fun, you are not far away now from 24/7 free Soccer (football).

Menu

Installation

Blind scan

down to LNB Freq

and enter 11250

OK

Hoss,

You are right, the manual is useless, pitch it.

Step 1: hit meu, STB Main menu comes up
Step 2: arrow down to installation, hit OK
Step 3: Blind scan will come up, hit OK
Step 4: arrow to LNB Freq and enter 11250

As for what to do next, your on your own. I don't have anything to do with DISH. If you have any questions about the 3618, feel free to call on me. :)

Iceberg - this is driving me nuts. I went to blind scan as directed and for LNB type I left it at normal and then typed in 11250 for LNB frequency. After doing the scan, it showed no channels. I then went back and put in universal for LNB type and then put in 11250 and 11250 for LNB frequency and did another scan. This time it seemed to work and I went through channels 1 - 250 and there were a total of 8 channels (83, 84, 54, 90, 208, 209, 210, 215), but they were all the PPV stuff - still no Gol. What the heck am I doing wrong? I am not that big of a soccer fan, but I am determined to find Gol. Sorry for all the questions from this "newbie".

it sounds like you are using a KU LNB. You need a DBS LNB, which are either DirectTv or Dish Network.

Well, it is a sony dish I bought about nine years ago for my directv system. I can still use the dish for my old directv receiver. It is kind of strange that I can pick up the Dish PPV and other preview channels (eight in total), but I am apparently unable to receive Gol. I guess I will have to play around with the receiver some more. Thanks again for your help and hopefully I will be able to eventually find Gol and then I will yell GOOOAAAAAL!

IT must be a DBS LNB then, have you tried entering it manually? I just did a scan of G3C and the 3618 missed the CCTV channels, I would give it a try if you have not done so.....

12341 Mhz
V (since you are using a DBS LNB V=Right hand)
20000 S/R

L.O. or LNB Freq as its called on the Satwork ST 3618 should be at 11250

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dusty Coship 5300b

Digital Audio output

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts