Gol on Dish 110

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Hoss said:
Well, it is a sony dish I bought about nine years ago for my directv system. I can still use the dish for my old directv receiver. It is kind of strange that I can pick up the Dish PPV and other preview channels (eight in total), but I am apparently unable to receive Gol. I guess I will have to play around with the receiver some more. Thanks again for your help and hopefully I will be able to eventually find Gol and then I will yell GOOOAAAAAL!

Yep, its a DBS LNB :)

I would try as PSB said..manually enter it

you're on 110, right??
What preview channels do you get? Should be for PPV and sports

Yes, I believe I am on 110 as it shows some ppv channels and some channels that show sports previews as well. One thing that is strange is that when I go to manual search, the LNB box is not in bold. I can go type in 11250, but next to it it shows 10750 and I am unable to change that number. Maybe I will dig up an old dual LNB and see if that does any better. When I go to manal search, do I need to change anything other than the LNB frequency (like tp frequency, kbaud,etc.)? for manual search, I typed in for Tp frequency, but what do I put for Symbol (Kbaud)?

Dont worry about the 10750 still there enter the below and then OK

12341 Tp Freq (MHz)
V (Polarization)
20000 Symbol(KBaud)

Ok, I think we are getting close now. Here is what I have entered:
normal
20000 for tp
vertical
off
off
not used
90 skew
nit off
When I press enter - it shows quality 0 and intensity 74. Any ideas?

20000 for Symbol(Kbaud) then hit OK

You will see quality and when its done scanning the channel will be there!

Now, if it shows 00% signal quality - what the heck does that mean? Why would I have a zero quality reading and a 74 for intensity?

The PPV previews are on Echo6 and Gol is on Echo 8. Yes they are technically at 110, but they are off that by a little bit. I would try to move the dish a little to the left or right SLOWLY and see if it can come in.

Ok guys - GOOOOAAAAL! I made a small adjustment to the dish and I am now receiving Gol. I assumed that the Dish PPV channels and Gol were on the same satellite. Thanks so much for all your input. Now I just need to figure out what all those numbers mean when one does a manual search.

Diamond Jim said:
Tony,

Unconfuse me, :confused: are you saying that if one might put a DBS LNB on a BUD it would pick up the small dish stuff, not that I am thinking of doing it, just would like to know. :usa
I'm not Tony, but hopefully you don't mind an answer from someone else. :)

Yes, any LNB on a BUD should be able to pick up the stuff that LNB picks up. As long as it is at the right spot relative to the dish and the satellite, and the LNB is oriented properly. :)

And congratulations Hoss! :clap

A DBS LNB is the easiest of all to add as it uses circular polarization it can even be installed sideways, upside down anywhere you get signal!

Ok,
One last question. I finally found Gol, but there seems to be some sort of problem with the signal. It will show a quality of 90% for a couple of seconds and then it will go to 0% for a couple of seconds. I also noticed this pulsing on the satellite signal finder as well. Does this mean I need to get a stronger signal or is there something weird going on with the signal? Thanks again everyone!

Ok,
Maybe someone with a 3618 can help out. When I do a manual search for Gol, I get a signal quality of 90% for a few seconds and then it goes to 0% for a few seconds. It is almost like a pulsing of the signal. The green light in the front of the 3618 also flashes at the same time as the signal quality shows 90. Do I need to fine tune the signal or is it something else? Oh yea, I forgot to mention that it only happens when the polarization is set to vertical.

In my experience, those flashes of 90% mean nothing. I could point the dish straight up or check an unconnected switch path, and I'd still get an occasional 90% flash on my 3618. It's like a static discharge or something.

What you get the rest of the time is what you've really got. In this case, nuttin'. :D

TuxCoder said:
I'm not Tony, but hopefully you don't mind an answer from someone else. :)

You know your opinion is valued. :yes :yes

Good job Hoss, as I said, if you have any questions about the 3618, fire away.
I have had mine a year now and I learn something new everyday. :usa

Diamond Jim said:
Tony,

Unconfuse me, :confused: are you saying that if one might put a DBS LNB on a BUD it would pick up the small dish stuff, not that I am thinking of doing it, just would like to know. :usa

yep. You would pick up the audio and free stuff...and have one hell of a meter reading :)

There are two audio feeds, one English and one Espanol. So you may scan two Gol's or you may scan one. Just make sure the audio pid is set for 4132=English or 4131=Spanish. (You can edit the pid's in the channel editing menu.)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dusty Coship 5300b

Digital Audio output

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)