Good Customer Service

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
I sent an email to Dish customer service telling them that I had just added a phone line so they could quit deducting the $5.00 per month(already paid 2 months).

The replied stated that I would not be charged anymore and that they were giving me a credit of $10 for the first two months.

Its little, but to me its good customer service.

I wish more people would post experiences such as this one. Reading a message board usually makes you think everyone hates their service. That is of course not the case, but we need more people to post their good times as well as their bad ones.

I wish more people would post experiences such as this one. Reading a message board usually makes you think everyone hates their service. That is of course not the case, but we need more people to post their good times as well as their bad ones.

Maybe you dont see it very often cause it does'nt
happen very often:)

and maybe you won't see any change at all - just plugging in a phone line isn't always enough - you need to verify it can get a dial tone and call in successfully before the system will recognize the phone connection and remove the fee - hit menu 6-3 and run the diagnostic test and verify a dialout before you count your savings

funny, I too, just added a couple of powerline carrier-based phone jacks and have connected my recievers to the phone line and was about to post here to ask the best way to get the $5 charges removed.

I'll email customer service and see if lightning strikes twice in the same place!

Well, month 3 and they are handling my account like they are supposed to. They applied the $10 in credits for the phone line fee my first 2 mo's, no phone line fee the 3rd month. They also have started applying both of my $100 rebates on the third bill as promised.

DishDVR Advantage, You Saved $3.98! 49.99
DISH Home Protection Plan (DHPP) 5.99
DishHD with 2 Premium Package 40.00

Programming Access Fee - Adjustment - 5.00
Programming Access Fee - Adjustment - 5.00

Hdbonus Credit 1 of 10 - Adjustment - 10.00
Pick Your Premium 3 of 3 - Adjustment - 10.00
DHPP Credit 3 of 18 - Adjustment - 5.99​
$100 Back Credit 1 of 10 - Adjustment - 10.00

Sometimes you do hit on a good one.

My 622 HDMI died over the weekend. I called last night and got a very nice gal on the phone. Very friendly, admitted right up front that she knew there was an issue but she thought they'd got the hardware fixed. I told her this was older gen hardware and she immediately RA'ed my 622.

Another good customer service story. It's sad that these stories seem to be few and far between.

I too had one of my 622's HDMI die on me and Dish replaced it without question. Unfortunately, my next bill showed a $19.99 RECEIVER charge (I don't have the $5.99 warranty). I called CS and asked about the charge and mentioned the known HDMI issues on the 622 receivers; the charge was immediately credited without any questions or push back from the cs rep.

It looks like things may be improving a bit with Dish's CS lately but I don't want to jinx it.

Positive experiences with the csr's and tech are more common than the bad ones but people generaly dont talk much if at all about good things unless its something really good that makes the day shine, now if its something bad even in the slightest tiniest bit such as even having to be put on hold for a hot minute then you bet they will complain about the world ending tomorrow.

I purchased a second UHF remote for my 622 and had trouble getting it to work. Called CS and they had me fixed in a matter of minutes very helpful. If I would have tried something like that with my old cable service I would have been on the phone to the cows come home and then they would have told me something wrong!