good websites with visual diagrams

atekido

Original poster
May 21, 2009
arkansas
hi.. i just started getting trained to install dish satalites. its half my job. along with being the resident computer nerd. anyhow. as ive been training ive pretty much got everything after watching one install.. i know how to put the sats together and such.. the part that i start to get alittle confused on is the wirings from the lnb's back to the house/recievers/tuners ect.

can yall tell me any good websites that have installation guides with good visual references. I know every house will be alitle different and mostly around here its 99% dish500 installs with 1 satalite. im just better at teaching myself from seeing and hands on exp. but when im training the guy training does more of the hands on than letting me do it.

anyhow.. any help would be appreciated. if there is a good starter website or anything also that would be cool.. ofcourse ive did searches on google but really havent come across a good guide to it all.

bross, thank you! That's the useful info that got pulled from the consumer TechPortal maybe a year ago. I didn't realize there were different versions.

atekido, nearly all Dish 500 installs will be viewing 2 satellites that are in Earth orbit. The EKB doesn't have wiring diagrams (the TechPortal and many retailers cover that quite well) but check EKB: Switch Selection for the various LNB/switch combinations that can be used.

Seems abandoned a few months ago :( -listed outdated FW vesrions:

ViP 622 DVR DishProPlus SD/HD Interactive TV Two-TV Dual-Tuner IR/UHF Pro Residential/Commercial Receiver
Current Software : L5.12 7/8 Previous Software : L5.11 6/13

The consumer TechPortal is more current on receivers, but the detailed info on LNBFs, switches and accessories, not to mention diagrams, is gone. For that you need to go to the TechPortal linked in post #2, then the Training tab (or the drop-down menus).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts