Goodbye Dish

Why?? My company has had a much lower job count, but my office ran 60 Work Orders yesterday. Agreed on the OP. I get irritated by swan-song posts
Weve been informed that DISH is working to provide a path for Distributor based retailers to submit work orders. As of this morning, still a no go. Good to hear your company is getting back up to speed. Do you create work orders or fulfill them for DISH?

I managed to get an answer from Dash last night on a service call to reactive service

Customer was irritated from being put on hold for over 40 minutes plus 6 different transfers

Last person told him wait until the end of March :(

BTW they never call him back after 12 hours

Reactions: charlesrshell
Weve been informed that DISH is working to provide a path for Distributor based retailers to submit work orders. As of this morning, still a no go. Good to hear your company is getting back up to speed. Do you create work orders or fulfill them for DISH?
Fulfillment, but we're an RSP for a very large area

While
Can't blame you for moving on but you do realize Dish has suffered a massive ransomware attack and many of their systems are down?
we all realize Dish suffered a catastrophic attack. I RV full time and have been without satellite for close to 10 days now. I’m patient, but not stupid. They had the gaul to send me a bill. Really?

Techs can't roll without work-orders.
Work-orders start with phone calls to call centers - which were all down for days and still aren't all re-opened.
Work-orders can't be created without a system to create them.

A system that has been coming back slowly but surely while millions of people are trying to find answers. Millions.
I knew nothing about the cyber attack until I came here today. I've never missed a payment or had a late fee. Suddenly this morning ALL of my channels are gone. Nothing on the guide but PPV and On Demand channels. I have no idea if this was due to the cyber attack or not and can't get thru to anyone at Dish.

I knew nothing about the cyber attack until I came here today. I've never missed a payment or had a late fee. Suddenly this morning ALL of my channels are gone. Nothing on the guide but PPV and On Demand channels. I have no idea if this was due to the cyber attack or not and can't get thru to anyone at Dish.
Customers to call Customer Support now with billing issuess or if you were on pause and need to come off it and resume service.
866-333-3474

I've been running on service calls for a week now. I even installed for a new customer that set it up last friday. This guy didn't call. He maybe gave up while on hold. Either way, Dish IS and has been answering the phone for over a week now. Either way, BYE!

On top of my company not being paid, it's going on 3 weeks since I've been able to create and activate new customer accounts, or process movers and equip. upgrades. It really hurts, but all that said, I know where the blame lies. It lies with the terrorists who attacked DISH. I know it shouldn't bug me, but the op's post's just piss me off. If you want to change service, change service. Imho, using the current circumstances as a reason to do so is just ignorant and lame.
I thought the OP stated the lack of customer service was the reason for leaving.
I wonder if the hackers want to setup Dish with autopay and save them $5

No doubt this is going to be costly for Dish and also no doubt they'll lose some customers, and it's annoying to me as well. However, I do support the decision to not pay any ransom. If they got mydish.com restored so I could get back into HBO MAX I would be happy. That said, at this point we have no idea when recovery will be complete. I hope it doesn't take weeks... or months.

No doubt this is going to be costly for Dish and also no doubt they'll lose some customers, and it's annoying to me as well. However, I do support the decision to not pay any ransom. If they got mydish.com restored so I could get back into HBO MAX I would be happy. That said, at this point we have no idea when recovery will be complete. I hope it doesn't take weeks... or months.
I can tell you that recovery is accelerating day by day. There are more call centers and operation centers that are being opened but not fully yet. There’s a lot of hybrid work going on where people who may have been doing sales prior to February 23 are setting up trouble calls now with rudimentary tools, learning the process, and in some places creating a process.

I can tell you that recovery is accelerating day by day. There are more call centers and operation centers that are being opened but not fully yet. There’s a lot of hybrid work going on where people who may have been doing sales prior to February 23 are setting up trouble calls now with rudimentary tools, learning the process, and in some places creating a process.
Really appreciate all your help HipKat.

I read your status report in the other thread about them being maybe 20% along in the recovery process, so I suppose this means it will be a while before full functionality is restored. Also, it seems they're concentrating on restoring the revenue generating parts first.

I read your status report in the other thread about them being maybe 20% along in the recovery process, so I suppose this means it will be a while before full functionality is restored. Also, it seems they're concentrating on restoring the revenue generating parts first.
Well, that’s probably true and makes sense because they’ve got to have capital coming in but in the meeting today they talked about a lot of things happening all at once. At the same time they’re changing some things. The processes that were considered for changes in the future but now with this happening, the future is now so somethings that post of us are used to will be the same and somethings will be different. Probably mostly on my end event, then the customers end.

The first thing they have to do is get Internet restored to every facility and re-create the connections of different entities of talking to each other. And I think that’s where the focus is more than revenue generating. From the customers perspective it probably seems that way, but that’s because the only view you get is the one that you have and that so much of other aspects of the whole operation. If that makes sense.

I think we’ll see that once all the connections are re-created where every facility, and every process, and every tool can communicate that this will expedite the rest of the rebuild

I was a long time Dish customer. 1 Hopper and 3 Joeys. I lost satellite reception 3 days ago. I’ve called Dish support 3 times, only to get a recording that they are too busy and to call back later. Not even the option to hold. The web site was not functioning, so no help there.

I’ve been tempted to try YouTube TV, but never bothered as Dish worked for me. However, after the last attempt at reaching support, I signed up for YouTube TV, Easy to do, it took 5 minutes. As a result, I’ve now got more channels on 3 Firesticks and 1 Roku for about half of the cost. No contract.

I’d have stayed with Dish, continuing to pay more, if only they would have answered the phone and given me some customer service...
It took about 1 hour to get through on their 800-333-DISH line yesterday. Call them up, put it on speaker, you'll get through.

The latest info is it was an attack by a Russian hacking group with state funding.

I know it is annoying, but if Dish has been good to you over the years, give them a break when they could use it most...

I was a long time Dish customer. 1 Hopper and 3 Joeys. I lost satellite reception 3 days ago. I’ve called Dish support 3 times, only to get a recording that they are too busy and to call back later. Not even the option to hold. The web site was not functioning, so no help there.

I’ve been tempted to try YouTube TV, but never bothered as Dish worked for me. However, after the last attempt at reaching support, I signed up for YouTube TV, Easy to do, it took 5 minutes. As a result, I’ve now got more channels on 3 Firesticks and 1 Roku for about half of the cost. No contract.

I’d have stayed with Dish, continuing to pay more, if only they would have answered the phone and given me some customer service...
ive had serivce no problem so far.

Reactions: brad1138
ive had serivce no problem so far.
The biggest problems have been for people who are not on CC autopay. They haven't been able to (easily) pay their bill and have been getting shut off for non-pay. That is a BIG screw up on Dish's part, nobody should be getting shut off at this time, but maybe they are locked out of their automated system.

But really, who doesn't utilize autopay anymore?

The biggest problems have been for people who are not on CC autopay. They haven't been able to (easily) pay their bill and have been getting shut off for non-pay. That is a BIG screw up on Dish's part, nobody should be getting shut off at this time, but maybe they are locked out of their automated system.

But really, who doesn't utilize autopay anymore?
im on autopay or im supposed to be any way