Google and Dish make highest 1st round bids for Hulu

Its going to be googles... Charlie can't throw enough money at it and won't... He's to cheap! Google may have stipulations, but in the end, how can you turn down that amount of money when google is offering at least triple of what dish is... I don't care what the stipulations are, Hulu will be bought by google because money talks, so charlie will walk. I just don't see dish getting this one with the amount of money google is throwing at Hulu.

I vehemently disagree. Hulu was started as a response to Youtube by the content holders. Why would they sell to Google their attempt at getting streaming content away from them?

I have no use for a company or service that feels they are beyond the law. To me Google falls into this area. And to be honest I am not too thrilled with Facebook. But at the moment I seem to be able to control Facebook better.

If you are on any social network, you are just asking for it-- there is no control. Don't kid yourself. MS, FB, Buzz (now dead but PLus replaced), and several other have all had their incidences. A lot of forum profiles are harvested as well. It is amazing people will post things they consider absolutely private on the web.

Hopefully dish wins it, but google obviously has the bigger pile of cash to throw at it. The idea of a single box able to handle all media needs is something so many have been craving for a long time.

Hulu + BB is great. If they add DLNA and playable media support via USB (avi., mkv., etc..), Dish will indeed be a one stop solution!

From what I've been reading it is not entirely about money. I know Hulu would like more, it sound like they want 2 billion. Google offered 4 billion but it doesn't sound like Hulu likes their stipulations. Everything I have read makes it sound like Dish is the frontrunner.

Of course having more content available for longer periods of time would only benefit the consumer. The content providers certainly wouldn't want that.

The content-provider-owners behind Hulu have an irrational fear of Google. They tossed aside a huge number of possible viewers by blocking GoogleTV. The irony is that were turning away advertising viewers.
You can't skip the commercials in a streaming video the way it can be done with a DVR. They should have welcomed GTV users with open arms and free trial memberships instead of treating them like lepers.
But, their stuck-in-the-past mentality that people who watch their programming on a TV need to get that programming through traditional means (OTA, Cable, DBS, etc), relegating streaming to PC's and hendhelds, actually caused them to lose advertising viewership.

Personally, I hope Google gets Hulu. It will make a great addition to GoogleTV. And, even though they have some issues as a company, those issues pale in comparison to Dish/Echostar.