got a strange message on Wireless Joey last night

olds403

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 3, 2009
michigan
Was watching wireless Joey in bedroom, all of a sudden the screen went black and there was a message something about "MoCa was reset by another TV"?? That is not word for word as I didn't pay attention to it before I hit the home button for status, but it was definitely close to that message. Any ideas? I have occasionally seen that message before. Thanks.

Was watching wireless Joey in bedroom, all of a sudden the screen went black and there was a message something about "MoCa was reset by another TV"?? That is not word for word as I didn't pay attention to it before I hit the home button for status, but it was definitely close to that message. Any ideas? I have occasionally seen that message before. Thanks.
Is your Hopper connected to the Internet and how and who is the Provider and which Modem/Gateway are you using?

HWS is connected to the WOW internet modem/gateway wirelessly, the modem is made by ARRIS. I had to remotely reset the WJ to get signal back when this happened.

HWS is connected to the WOW internet modem/gateway wirelessly, the modem is made by ARRIS. I had to remotely reset the WJ to get signal back when this happened.
Those gateways are part of the list of Modems/Routers/Gateways that cause issues like you're seeing with the Hoppers. Your best bet is to add a 3rd Party Router to the gateway for the Hopper or look up how to install a Hopper Internet Connector or see if you can get a tech to come out to do it

Wow, maybe that has been the cause of all my problems with the Wireless Joey's unlinking every week or two, and this issue as well. I will research the Hopper Internet Connector, THANK YOU, I have been chasing my tail with this problem for months. I do have an ASUS RT68u AC1900 modem/gateway sitting around, would I be able to put that between the ARRIS gateway and the Hopper to fix the issue?

Wow, maybe that has been the cause of all my problems with the Wireless Joey's unlinking every week or two, and this issue as well. I will research the Hopper Internet Connector, THANK YOU, I have been chasing my tail with this problem for months. I do have an ASUS RT68u AC1900 modem/gateway sitting around, would I be able to put that between the ARRIS gateway and the Hopper to fix the issue?
Couldn't hurt to try

Well, I dragged out my old ASUS router, connected it to the ARRIS modem that we got from WOW internet to use that as an access point. I have the HWS connected to the 5g wifi signal of the ASUS router instead of the ARRIS. Hopefully this resolves all the issues I have been having with the HWS/WJ setup due to incompatibilities between the Hopper and the ARRIS modem. I will keep you posted while keeping my fingers crossed. Thank you for your suggestions.

Reactions: HipKat and Tampa8

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)