Got my 622 over the weekend!

VegasVoomer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 3, 2004
Las Vegas
I had 2 dishes already on the roof. One at 61.5 and the other at 119/110. I did'nt want to wait for an installer and did'nt need him so I bought my 622 from Fry's Electronics-$479.00. Hooked everything up in place of the 811 and got good signal from everywhere. Called to activate, told the rep the model number and that I purchased it outrite and she said I need it professionally installed. I told her I had 2 dishes and good signal from all 3 sat's and used terms that let her know that I knew what I was doing and she said OK. She activated it and everything came on while I was on the phone with her. I love this thing. I never had DVR before. I was still using tapes and a DVD recorder. I dont have it in share mode yet but will soon. The first time I recorded a future program I was dissapointed cause playback was very pixilated and choppy and did'nt even finish. Turns out it was from a digital local and the signal was only at 50 using rabbit ears. I found the menu for locals peaking and solved that problem. What I like best is being able to record in HD. I played back the shuttle launch I recorded yesterday and it look amazing from HDnet. Anyone contemplating buying/leasing one of these--DO IT! You wont be sorry.

I'll try to lease it and not get free installation. At least not a new antenna. I have 3 dishes, one at 119 (125 signal level) SD at 110/105 (99/76) and one at 61.5 (98 signal)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)