Gravity - Official Trailer #1 (HD) Sandra Bullock, George Clooney

That would suck so bad.Not sure how the movie will be,but can you imagine floating around in space with very little chance of rescue?

It has gotten good reviews. I assume it will be something like other rescue movies where the person that needs to be rescued is scared alone, but in communication with rescuers and has to work to save themselves.

Almost like being afloat in the middle of the ocean surrounded by sharks... nah that would make a horrible movie!

Hey,I liked that movie!it was based on a true story,talk about being scared poopless!

The Director of this film is Alfonso Cuaron, who also directed Children of Men which is an excellent dystopian sci-fi film.

I'm quite looking forward to this, and preliminary reviews are overwhelmingly positive.

What's the Difference?

I'm going to see Gravity on Saturday afternoon and noticed its showing in two theaters. One is equipped with RealD 3D and the other with IMAX 3D. Is there any real movie experience difference for the viewer beyond the marketing hype? I've only been to a couple 3D flicks and I was greatly underwhelmed due to the movies not really being 3D material. This one should be different.

Thx...

I went and saw it in Imax 3D... It was incredible. I could not see defects in the effects. Perhaps if I watched it multiple times I would start to see problems. It was like they shot the movie using real shuttles and space stations.

As far as being a movie, I thought the plot was weak and unrealistic if you consider orbital physics...

But, wow it was like they took the IMAX camera, Clooney and Bullock to space and shot this movie. It was not as we are used to in SciFi seeing a pen float by representing zero G, the actors looked every bit like they were in zero G.

I guess I am not alone in thinking the effects are outstanding:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/beyond-...aut-blown-away-realism-gravity-233748580.html

Many people, including director James Cameron, consider the new film “Gravity” to be the most realistic portrayal of space ever put on film.

But only a handful of people can say they’ve travelled to space to perform repair missions on the Hubble space telescope. What do they think?

Astronaut Michael Massimino is one of those people. He’s logged nearly 600 hours of total time in space and more than 30 hours of spacewalking experience, and is considered to be an inspiration for George Clooney’s character in the film.

Massimino sat down with David Muir on “World News” to discuss the film and space travel.

“It’s exactly our payload bay - and I think I watched the movie like only five or six other people would,” he said. “I was looking for things … and the Hubble is like the exact Hubble. Even the lighting is the lighting we see in space.”

Saw it in IMAX 3D last night and it was astounding! Im one of the biggest anti-3D people out there, but this kind of film, it absolutely works!!

Saw it in IMAX 3D last night and it was astounding! Im one of the biggest anti-3D people out there, but this kind of film, it absolutely works!!

Same here...not a fan of the gimmicky 3D but saw it yesterday afternoon in IMAX 3D and loved the visual experience. Okay, the movie was certainly lacking in plot and dialog (will not play well on the small screen) but it was truly the first 3D film that I didn't mind shelling out the extra buckazoids to watch. On a side note, why the hell was George Clooney even in this film? 95% of the film focused around Sandra Bullock's characters and, once your suspended disbelief, you realized any bozo could have played his part at a fraction of his salary and it wouldn't detract one bit from the experience.

I thought the plot was very weak, but the effects were AMAZING! It was like they were really in space.

I thought at the end of the movie it would have been funny if..

At the end when Sandra was sitting in the water on the beach, if the old "Wilson" volleyball from Castaway washed up on the side of her.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)