Great outcome to a bad upgrade -maybe

cherk543

Original poster
Feb 16, 2006
My 501 DVR finally stopped recording so I called Dish to get a replacement. The replacement came and my wife finished watching all the shows that did record. Friday night I called Dish to get the unit swapped out with the replacement and asked the tech about any deals. He told me about the $299 HD upgrade but I am not paying that for a leased unit. He then told me that I could upgrade my 510 DVR to a 522 Dual Tuner DVR for $50. I said great when can it be installed. He looked at the schedule and came back and said "How about Sunday from 12-5 PM". I said great sign me up. He took my credit card information and gave me a reference number. I went to bed happy.

Saturday we got the automated call from Dish but my wife hung up thinking it was a sales call. I called back at a CSR answered the line. I told her that we received the automated call and I was calling to confirm my install for tomorrow. After a few minutes she came back and said there was no workorder for this. She sees the credit card info for $50 but nothing was setup. She offered to reschedule the appointment and I was not happy. After 25 minutes of back and forth discussions I asked to talk to a supervisor.

The supervisor sang the same song for 30 minutes so I was stuck with a different install date. I asked her what Dish was going to give me for their screwup. She first offered $25 credit. I said how about a free upgrade and a DP44 switch. She agreed for the free upgrade but said it would be $100 for the switch. I passed and have a workorder for Saturday.

After a restless night I e-mailed ceo@dishnetwork.com and told them the story. I really just wanted them to know about the issue and how bad their system is. 5 minutes later I got a response from Matt who upgraded my workorder to a 625 Dual Tuner DVR and a DP44 switch.

They are suppose to be out on Saturday 8-12 and we will see. I really do not want another coax cable run since my house is prewired. Wish me luck.

That's great. I'm going to have to write that email down.

Dish took a month (between a snow storm and unavailable installation techs) to install my HD and when they finally installed it tried to charge me $150 for the 2nd dish they put up so I could get local HDs.

I would've used that number because they cancelled about 4 appointments on me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts