Gripe: Spell Checker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill R

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
The spell checker that this board's software uses is very poor. It often doesn't find misspelled words and even if it finds a misspelled word it doesn't have a list of suggestion. It also says words that are spelled correctly are misspelled (for example "I'm").

I know that there was a consideration to change the software that the board uses. If the spell checker can't be fixed I'm all for changing to different software.

Not sure what I can do about not finding misspelled words, but I can ad words like I'm to the dictonary.

I also need to add a bunch of terms like Dishpro, LNB, Echostar, Ergen, HDTV etc to the list.

I am away from home today so it will be a few days until I can do this. :)

Hang in there.

I have not had any problems with the spell checker but I think this software is awesome. I use multiple computers and this site knows if I have read a thread on all the computers. This allows me to jump to the most recent post in a topic no matter what machine I am on. I guess it does not store the info in a cookie on my machine like other sites do. It must be stored on the server. Please do not change this feature!

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Fcuknig amzanig, huh?

Gordon Small said:
Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Fcuknig amzanig, huh?
I read that whole thing, no problem whatsoever. That is pretty interesting.

bryan92 said:
I read that whole thing, no problem whatsoever. That is pretty interesting.

Years of scrolling chat rooms and typos have finally showed some benefit!

Gordon Small said:

READ MORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)