Guide data if i remove locals from package ?? lo

JS_racer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 18, 2007
Twin Cities MN
hello, say after losing hbo, then the local channel that never seemed to go away. i have had the 2 tuner ota for quite a while (last dispute?), so it got me thinking. If i remove my local channels from my top 250 package, (or 200 for example) do i still receive guide data
guessing i lose the auto hop though, right ?? (just thought of that)
any other cons to it ?? thanks so much

prime time is scheduled for 1 channel saturday night, just to get autohop working.

thanks, i recorded a show on the ota and network, both had autohop, but guessing since i lose the ptat, bye bye autohop. heh
debating if the autohop is worth locals alone,

Just one glitch with OTA. If a station shares a frequency with another the guide may be incorrect. Here in Chicago Fox 32 & WPWR 50 share a frequency. The FOX 32 info. Is the same for both displaying the FOX guide. All other ststions are correct. For 12 bucks savings that works for me.

Just one glitch with OTA. If a station shares a frequency with another the guide may be incorrect. Here in Chicago Fox 32 & WPWR 50 share a frequency. The FOX 32 info. Is the same for both displaying the FOX guide. All other ststions are correct. For 12 bucks savings that works for me.

This drives me nuts. But yes, an issue.

thanks, i recorded a show on the ota and network, both had autohop, but guessing since i lose the ptat, bye bye autohop. heh
debating if the autohop is worth locals alone,
Unless Dish has changed it, Autohop does not depend on PTAT. They are two entirely different things. I have seen Autohop available on OTA-recorded shows personally. Someone posted screenshots and confirmed that Autohop worked on the show Shark Tank that was recorded on CNBC. It seems as though each show is assigned some identifier that is matched up with Autohop data and it searches everything for matches, not just local channels.

I dropped Locals for OTA a month or so ago and have never had Autohop work since. It’d be nice to still have, but I like the $10 in my pocket each month even more. But I’ll do some testing...

Reactions: pattykay
Ever since the re-packs and is the case for more than a few channels in the LA DMA. It causes timers to fire for shows that are not being aired, but the guide data shows it, and that is incorrect EPG data. It seems like Dish will NEVER fix that.

ran into a conflict in prime time, 3 stations on a 2 tuner stick. lol
fox, nbc, cbs for 1 hour, but still checking.
would be nice to save that money, what are they now, 12 or 13$ per month for locals ??

i always had it just for a backup in poor weather, if needed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts