Guide of Death

mrschwarz said:
He also told me that he shouldn't actually ground the dish outside because it would attract lightning.

Did he suggest where you should ground it? Your fridge? Perhaps your television itself? I really want to know what's up with the stupid installers. But then..this is a topic for another thread.

With how obviously widespread the problem is..it has to be some sort of software thing. It -could- be voltage irregularities, though. I have my 522 hooked up to an APC 1000va UPS, so it gets regulated voltage, and I haven't run into any problems so far...

Because of how complex the 522 is, and obviously unstable..i'd say try to get a Batterybackup (UPS) and plug your 522 into that. You don't need that big a UPS...but the more money you spend, the better the unit..

It has always been plugged into a UPS, along with my Tivo and a network switch.

Good suggestion, though.

My 522 is on version 2.01 software. However, I first noticed the guide crash occuring with 1.69.

I am getting the reboot about once a night now on 2.0.1 in single mode. I did not get it before the update and switch to single mode. Oh well, I still enjoy beta testing anyway.

I checked my machine this morning and saw that it is now running V202. I haven't seen the problem with this version, yet.

I've had it happen a couple of times in the last week, but I was trying to avoid hitting 'guide' while recording as much as possible! Where's the next update!?

HBO STARZ suddenly appeared

Maybe a problem with 269 upgrade

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)