Status
Not open for further replies.

bnaivar

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 4, 2003
Atlanta, GA
Today is the 75th anniversary of when The Star Spangeled Banner became the National Anthem.

Marking 75 years that 90% of the population can't hit those high notes at "And the rockets' red glare"...

Foxbat said:
Marking 75 years that 90% of the population can't hit those high notes at "And the rockets' red glare"...
And several years of overpriced musicians who don't even try to get it right at the beginning of various sporting events.

Mario

mperdue said:
And several years of overpriced musicians who don't even try to get it right at the beginning of various sporting events.

Mario
I was pleasantly surprised at the Mexican singer at the opening of the NASCAR race in Mexico City today. She did a better job than at least 80% of the Americans I've been hearing. Hit EVERY note perfectly, and didn't try to "improve" it with some garbage "style".

SimpleSimon said:
I was pleasantly surprised at the Mexican singer at the opening of the NASCAR race in Mexico City today. She did a better job than at least 80% of the Americans I've been hearing. Hit EVERY note perfectly, and didn't try to "improve" it with some garbage "style".
Thats the thing... singers add too... (but don't realize they are subtracting)leave the song alone, perform....

Simon, they sang the "Star-Spangled Banner" at a Mexican event? Viva, NAFTA!

I totally missed the event (too many things happening Sunday) and forgot to record it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)