Happy With The Dish

BarterMeister

Original poster
Jan 12, 2005
New York
I have been a customer of DISH Network for quite sometime after leaving Comcast in total disgust. Comcast and the other cable companies are a bunch of lazy old wannabes. They've been robbing the cradle while sitting down for so long that the idea of being ripped off is expected and even welcome by customers. I for one do not like being bankrupt by a pyramid of fees and taxes (not to mention the tarrifs, fines and penalties if you are even one-second late in paying every last penny).

Now, I know everyone is all go wish DirecTV. But, I've looked at Dish and ,unless your crazy about Sports or you want everything HDTV, DirecTV's channel lineup is very limited. What's more I have the America's TOP 120 for $29.99/mo. and I've never had a problem with it. Now I don't have a brand new HDTV, yet my TV is high-quality and I get very nice reception.

Now as for the commercials, I don't watch cartoon network. However, I agree with you. The idea of any two people kissing (heterosex. or homosex) in that fashion on a childrens channel is really upsetting. Moreover, it shouldn't be that any of that type of commercial (i.e. Girls gone wild) should be shown on the Cartoon Network. Whether it is 1 at noon or 3 in the morning. It just stands to reason a Children's channel should completely retain responsibility of being a Children's channel at all Network levels regardless.

All things aside though I am completely satisfied with Dish and contrary to the rest of this board shall be staying withi it for a long time.

welcome to satellite guys.

you are right, there are a lot of people satisfied with dish. there are also alot of people very unsatisfied. you are right in saying that if you are not looking for hd, then dish would be ok. dish is just fine for the average tv viewer, i don't think youwould find to many that would argue. when it comes to the above average user who likes the high end of things, most people are now looking elsewhere.

once again welcome to the sight and make sure to visit often.

Yes dish is a pretty fine company for standard things. And they do have a *plan* for their HD and other tech things, I think it gets frustrating for customers to be sitting in a lame duck period when they see every company around them doing something. But I believe that folks at D* went through the same thing before News Copr came on the scence. I think the fog has cleared for me and I'm going to stay with dish. I think it just looks bad now with them having to be the first to increase and also to say their basically dead on HD until they upgrade to MPEG4. But I do believe that the others will be increasing price. D* will in march, but whether they'll match the $3 is unknown. Plus they as well will be converting to MPEG4, it's just in the current state they have a lot more HD then E* (but not HD pack wise) I think E*s HD offering is just fine and I really don't think I'd gain anything by switching to the overly repeative voom.

BarterMeister said:
But, I've looked at Dish and ,unless your crazy about Sports or you want everything HDTV, DirecTV's channel lineup is very limited. What's more I have the America's TOP 120 for $29.99/mo. and I've never had a problem with it.

First of all - AT120 is $40, so how ARE you getting it for $30??? :confused: :confused:

Second of all, could you please explain what is "very limited" about D* prog? Other than having EVERY international language on E* & a FEW more premium feeds, (of which you have neither anyway) what ARE you getting on E* that you would NOT on D*?
Evidently you didn't do much research on the services, because if you had REALLY compared the two, you would actually see that when you compare AT120 to Total Choice, which cost the same, you would see that TC actually GIVES you MORE video channels than AT120. Those channels include:
Fine Living
Fit TV
Newsworld International
Oxygen
Bloomberg
CNBC World
Fox Movie Ch
Hallmark
National Geographic
NFL Network
Outdoor Life
American One Network

Note that while some of these channels ARE on E*, you have to jump up to the AT180 pkg to get them.

I will give you that AT120 does give you:
Reality TV
Si TV
You do get the Sirius music, but I'd rather have my music "sans DJ's & talking" like you get on Music Choice.
As far as trading in the 2 video channels above f/the 11 on D* - forget it!!!

Now, if you made a mistake & you REALLY have AT60 f/$30 & only need those channels, then I agree that E* is a better deal if that is all you want.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts