Has anyone gotten out of D* contract without paying E.T. fee?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Jaded13 said:
as a cust retention rep with dtv i hear these sob storys every day . if you threaten to get a lawyer and sue dtv we just say " bring it on" the money you spend to retain a lawyer and try and take it to court will pale in comparison to the early cancel fee. most lawyers wont take the case cause they know you will loose.
Iam not trying to come off as uppity but you enter into a contract with the install and its your abligation to keep your end of the agreement

Well.... if you did happen to be a customer retention rep, I would have to say that you have had either NO training, or you have been left out of the loop since day 1.
DirecTV's customer retention group.... and almost every other department would bend over backwards to keep a cust ( at least that's what they are supposed to do ).

Now, a little advice. If you do work for CRG, then read the customer agreement. You can't tell a customer to sue us. Pursuant to the DirecTV Customer Agreement ( which anyone that pays the 1st directv bill or has directv installed in their home is subject to ) Section 9 DirecTV can not be sued by any customer. All disputes are settled through arbitration.

You were right, no lawyer in their right mind would take a case where a current or previous customer was attempting to sue DirecTV. However the customer can take DirecTV into arbitration.

Agreed, to even begin the arbitration you have to pay a fee of up to $125.00 ( which is DirecTV's maximum cancellation fee anyway.)

In all honesty ( and back to the point) they will work with you any way possible. just give 'em a shot.

Very well put... I VERY rarely have to transfer a call to CRG. And have had only 2 calls go to my supervisor out of the 100s that have asked right off the bat. If a D* rep doesn't seem to be working with you, request to speak to someone else. They can xfer you back into the que. Now, there are certain things that a customer may ask for that, to put it simply, no agent at less than a supervisor level can do without loosing their job or coming close to it. When you get one of us on the line, we're there to help you. Weather that be fix your system, correct your bill, or change a sports package that you forgot to cancel.

(But please IF ITS A BILLING ISSUE DONT PRESS THE NUMBER TO GET TECH!) :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts