Has anyone tried Eagle Aspen compression connectors?

miguelaqui

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 14, 2004
I got a good deal on some Eagle Aspen connectors. They haven't arrived yet, but I was just wondering if someone has tried them???

They appear to be similar to the Stirling compression connectors. It's amazing that Digicon can get sued for making a compression connector, but all these other companies can make them without any trouble from PPC! I guess PPC won't care until the large cable companies start using them.

Do they compress with the same tool as you would use on a SNS or Digicon RG6/59 tool? or are they too short, like the PPC EX, to use with the Digicon tool?

I always liked the idea of an all metal compression connector. I always thought that plastic would crack...I haven't seen that happen though.

OK I got my Eagle Aspen connectors and cable. The connectors do have some plastic on the inside. They seem to be the same length as the PPC EX XL or SNS....I used my Sargent tool.
They are harder to compress, but they seem to be stronger (pull force)
They do not seem to be multi-fit (60%-thru quad)
The nut seems to be about the same length as the PPC EX XL.

The cable seems to be OK! But, it is summer and might be much smaller come December!

What happened to the good old days when cable was made in VA (TFC), or NC (Commscope); (I forgot where Trilogy was made.)

RICKG100 said:
Those connectors are Stirling wanna be's... I choose the real stirling cons which I or you for that matter can buy direct from them for 19 bucks a bag of 100. www.stirlingconnectors.com. I have used the aspen connectors and they just aren't the same as the original.
Wow!! $19 for a bag of 100! Not a bad deal. I had seen them for $39 for 100 on other sites. Yes, they are like Stirling, except, I do not think Stirling has any plastic parts, all metal.

How many do you have to buy to get them for $19 per 100? That seems to good to be true. I noticed they now have a multi-fit, 60% thru quad..have you tried it?

I always liked Stirling because they were at least made in North America! I'm not sure were PPCs are made...no mention on the bag.

Last edited:
Stirling Connectors

Normally I buy 50 bags at a time. I only live about 15 mile away from them so I pick them up. Not suprised you have seen them for much more... they are really high quality fittings.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts