Has anyone tried to get Fox Soccer Plus for free or half off?

No offense to the OP, but I love the irony here. So many folks begging for a-la-carte instead of multi-channel packages, and yet here we have a true a-la-carte channel, and the post is complaining that its not part of a package. :D

This a la cart channel is the most over priced selection currently available. At least DirecTV offers a bit of HD while most do not. It should have been part of the sports pack many moons ago. Fios offers Willow in their sports pack so it's really just the luck of the proverbial draw. I know a few providers offer Fox Soccer+ in their sports pack but not many. I've actually started viewing cricket through the Willow offering and I've become somewhat attached to the sport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
No offense to the OP, but I love the irony here. So many folks begging for a-la-carte instead of multi-channel packages, and yet here we have a true a-la-carte channel, and the post is complaining that its not part of a package. :D

I'm more so complaining about $14 for a single SD channel. If it was HD I'll gladly pay in the range of $3-5 for it by itself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: fireponcoal
I think the days of paying for sports channels included in most programming packs is over. The only way to keep their prices down is to sell them ala cart or ala cart packs. Then if the demand goes down come renegotiation time for their carriage, the prices will have to stay the same or maybe even go down or be dropped entirely. Skinny bundles like the Flex pack are here to stay. :bigok

What? NBC has the Primer League and Fox has the Bundesliga on FS 1 and 2 on just about every weekend during the season. Most get one or two of those networks at least. Fox soccer is a product of a bygone era where what you are saying may have been the case but not in 2016. Fox Soccer should have been retired and I'm pretty certain Fox cares for the sport. They also care who's viewing and don't want to ghettoize the leagues whose rights they paid quite a bit for rights to show.

Soccer is the most popular sport in the world... But not in the US. This channel really should meet its impending doom. As far as those that want it, pay it or don't, it doesn't matter as long as I can continue to not pay for it, since it is not a requirement for the contract fulfillment for Dish. I love Soccer, but wouldn't pay a penny extra for a channel dedicated to it. Just not the excitement that you can get from other sports.

Or that is expensive. Of course, a la carte means MORE expensive per channel or for tiny add-on pack for often a pretty hefty add on price of $10. If people had to pay for each of the supposed 7-12 channels that a household regularly watches (not even factoring in the several channels almost everyone wants for that ONE show on occasion), the total bill would be at least as much, probably MORE than what people pay now using the channel tier model, and get far fewer channels for all that a la carte price (ESPN alone would likely cost about $20 or more per month on a la carte, and then factor in that ESPN would lose tens of millions of potential viewers, so what it charges advertisers would go DOWN, leaving the a la carte subscriber to make up the difference at a very high rate). The economics for true a la carte have never made sense. What is killing us all in monthly bills is the content owners and content providers constantly increasing what the MVPD's pay for the content.

FS+ used to have value, especially when it was Setanta. But they lost some rugby and more importantly the EPL, yet their price didn't go down. Better off getting FS2Go, assuming the streaming experience has improved.

Reactions: trojan67
FS+ used to have value, especially when it was Setanta. But they lost some rugby and more importantly the EPL, yet their price didn't go down. Better off getting FS2Go, assuming the streaming experience has improved.
I agree with you 100%, in the Caribbean providers virtually give it away for free

What? NBC has the Primer League and Fox has the Bundesliga on FS 1 and 2 on just about every weekend during the season. Most get one or two of those networks at least. Fox soccer is a product of a bygone era where what you are saying may have been the case but not in 2016. Fox Soccer should have been retired and I'm pretty certain Fox cares for the sport. They also care who's viewing and don't want to ghettoize the leagues whose rights they paid quite a bit for rights to show.

Fox Soccer shows Bunds as well not to mention the Scottish league and Champs/Euro league.

Fox Soccer shows Bunds as well not to mention the Scottish league and Champs/Euro league.

Yes, they have Champions League, FA Cup, and Europa League.

But they had EPL and Serie A too. The loss of them, primarily EPL, was the major blow to programming. And they still didn't cut the price.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)