Having 6 Televisions Hooked Up

MrCodeDude

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 4, 2008
None of the CSRs I've talked to at Dish have been able to answer my question and the Dish Builder on the site only allows a maximum of 4 televisions for the setup.

I currently have the following set-up:
1 Dish VIP 222 (1 HDTV, 1 SDTV)
1 Dish 322 (2 SDTV)

We recently added two more HDTVs to the mix, which would bump up our TV total to 3 HDTVs, 3 SDTVs.

I'm looking at a set-up of:
1 Dish VIP 722 (1 HDTV, 1 SDTV)
1 Dish VIP 612 (1 HDTV)
1 Dish VIP 222 (1 HDTV)
1 Dish 322 (2 SDTV)

I figured I'd try my best to use as much existing equipment as possible. Additionally, all three HDTVs are located on the first floor, 1 SDTV is located in the garage and the other 2 SDTVs are located on the second floor. I know I could do three receivers, each powering both an HDTV and an SDTV, but wiring that would be insane.

My question is can I go out, purchase a 722 and a 612, hook them up to our existing splitter and activate them through Dish?

Would I need to add an additional satellite and splitter to power the additional two televisions?

You need a 44 switch. A 1k2 or 1k4 would handle any of the three receivers you have but the fourth would require the mentioned switch.
What you want to do is most definitely possible, but be prepared for some out of pocket expenses. If you are capable your best bet is to buy the additional equipment and do the work yourself. If not try to find a reputable retailer to help you out with your particular setup. Good luck.

None of the CSRs I've talked to at Dish have been able to answer my question and the Dish Builder on the site only allows a maximum of 4 televisions for the setup.

I currently have the following set-up:
1 Dish VIP 222 (1 HDTV, 1 SDTV)
1 Dish 322 (2 SDTV)

We recently added two more HDTVs to the mix, which would bump up our TV total to 3 HDTVs, 3 SDTVs.

I'm looking at a set-up of:
1 Dish VIP 722 (1 HDTV, 1 SDTV)
1 Dish VIP 612 (1 HDTV)
1 Dish VIP 222 (1 HDTV)
1 Dish 322 (2 SDTV)

I figured I'd try my best to use as much existing equipment as possible. Additionally, all three HDTVs are located on the first floor, 1 SDTV is located in the garage and the other 2 SDTVs are located on the second floor. I know I could do three receivers, each powering both an HDTV and an SDTV, but wiring that would be insane.

My question is can I go out, purchase a 722 and a 612, hook them up to our existing splitter and activate them through Dish?

Would I need to add an additional satellite and splitter to power the additional two televisions?
Also, splitters do not work with Dish Network. What you are referring to are DPP separators (they do look like splitters). With DishPro+, a DPP44 switch would work with one coax run to each receiver and using a DPP Separator to feed both tuners on the dual tuner receivers. You won't need another dish to run four receivers. And yes, you could run the six tv's on three receivers, I don't know why you only list the 222 to one tv as it along with 2 722's (or 622's) would do for you can you can remove the 322 from your setup and save on the additional receiver fees. Running wires is not all that hard (of course, this is my opinion and I do not have entire understanding you what you mean by "wiring would be insane") right now I can run 11 tv's off of four receivers. You could also use more than 2 tv's off of any one receiver as long as it's ok to view the same program, this works especially well if the tv's are not is use at the same time.

Send the 322 back if it is leased, do dishin it up to get a second 722, call a good retailer to purchase a third 722.

Running wires is not all that hard (of course, this is my opinion and I do not have entire understanding you what you mean by "wiring would be insane") right now I can run 11 tv's off of four receivers.
All the HD televisions are on the first floor, all the SD televisions are on the second floor.

Two of the SD televisions on the second floor literally share a wall between them, so I pipe the cable that connects the second SD receiver straight through the wall rather than having the cable dropped down another wall, so that would be a huge benefit of using the 322 vs. two 722's (I don't care about the extra $5/mo fee incurred).

My main question was whether or not a single splitter could control 4 receivers and you guys have said that it can. Thanks a lot! I'll let you know how installation goes.

All the HD televisions are on the first floor, all the SD televisions are on the second floor.

Two of the SD televisions on the second floor literally share a wall between them, so I pipe the cable that connects the second SD receiver straight through the wall rather than having the cable dropped down another wall, so that would be a huge benefit of using the 322 vs. two 722's (I don't care about the extra $5/mo fee incurred).

My main question was whether or not a single splitter could control 4 receivers and you guys have said that it can. Thanks a lot! I'll let you know how installation goes.

Again, you cannot use splitters when running coax to Dish Network receivers. You may be referring to a DPP44 switch which allows a single coax line to feed both tuners of Dish's dual tuner receivers by use of a separator (which also looks like a splitter). Splitters can be used if you are trying to run the rf output from these receiver to more than one secondary tv.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)