Having some trouble with alignemt any advise.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

stonk

Original poster
Feb 21, 2008
Canada
Hi all, hope some one can help me with this or at least give me a tip on setting this dish up.

I have a quad LNB 26" dish and a G2100 motor.

My co-ordinates are.

Latitude: 51° 13' North Longitude: 102° 28' West Calculated magnetic declination: 8° 42' East
My Motor i set to 51 as above then the dish goes to 22.6.

I find true south by getting a compass and finding south then i rotate the motor 8.42 deg east as above the trouble is this is hit and miss, ass soon as i bring the compas near the motor the mags in the motor mess every thing up so im not sure if im getting it right or not. Any tips on doing this another way.

I have rotated the motor east and west but pick up nothing i get some quality signals comming in but not sure from what as i get no picture and the reciever does not name the bird im picking up.

As far as i understand unless my elviation and true south are spot on to start with, the motor arc as it turns will not be quite in the correct position stands to reason.

I have been told to find my true south bird and aligne it to that. Dont have a clue what that means.

Any advice or tips on this would be great as i have been messing for over a week now with nothing.

Thanks in advance.:tux:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts