Having trouble with Sat 110 TP 3

bjthadj

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 24, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
I have noticed lately anytime I try to go to a channel on Sat 110, Transponder 3 I get a no signal screen. This is the only transponder I'm having this issue with. The others on the 110 satellite have low signal levels, but I seem to get those channels fine.

I have a 522 hooked up to a DP Twin LNB on a Dish 500 (I think). Seems to me the LNB for the 110 sat is going out, since all the 119 transponders have good strong signals. Any thoughts?

It does indeed say I have LNB drift on 110. Is there anything I can do to correct short of getting a new LNB? I have nothing blocking my dish, its a clear day and ideal conditions.

You can call DISH and they will do the replacement for you. If the 522 is your only receiver, you can use a Legacy Twin, a DP Twin, or a DPP Twin as a suitable replacement.

Sorry to rehash the topic, but I finally got around to replacing the LNB with a brand new, identical unit and I'm still having this issue. Most transponders on the 110 sat are giving me a strength of around 30, while transponder 3 is still below 10. Any channels on that transponder are still not coming in.

I have done 2 check switches, hard restarted the receiver and even gave it an overnight to correct itself and nothing. Am I missing something else here? Why else would I be getting a good signal on the other transponders but not the one?

In case you can't tell, I'm trying to do all I can before resporting to calling for a service visit.

I did check this one for drift, and it appears to be fine. I'm getting a signal strength of 30 on 110 tp 11. Could my dish itself need a bit of an adjustment?

110 Tp 3 is lower in power than the others. Your dish may have moved. A more powerful satellite is in the works, but you should get this solved very soon to maximise your signals for the long haul.

I did check this one for drift, and it appears to be fine. I'm getting a signal strength of 30 on 110 tp 11. Could my dish itself need a bit of an adjustment?
That's almost half of what I would expect. Dish needs to be tweaked a bit. Small moves, a little at a time, give the receiver time to respond. Easily done with either a set of baby monitors or the spouse at the receiver talking to you over the phone.

Signal strength on 110 TP3

110 TP3: 55 (vip722)

But, please keep in mind, if that is indeed a spotbeam for OK locals as others have mentioned, then I'm in the sweet spot, if you will.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)