Hawaii show on NBC HD

Pete In Plano

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 9, 2004
I am in the DFW area and the new show Hawaii last night had a real strange audio problem. I have stereo only and there was no dialouge, only echos and effects. I think they were playing the rear surround channels for Left and Right. Did anyone else hear this???

Thanks!! I had a feeling that it was probably my local but wanted to ,ake sure it wasn't a network feed. Anyone else in Dallas watch it?

Pete In Plano said:
I am in the DFW area and the new show Hawaii last night had a real strange audio problem. I have stereo only and there was no dialouge, only echos and effects. I think they were playing the rear surround channels for Left and Right. Did anyone else hear this???

Same problem in Sacramento area. Seemed to clear up at some time but not sure when.

Pete In Plano said:

Pete,

I'm in Plano too. I noticed the same audio problem and gave up on the show. Can you get channel 5 tonight? I can't get it. It seems to come and go from night to night. During the day I can get it no problem.

Bob

I checked out Hawaii on Saturday night (yes, they have repeated it 3 nights in a row!!!) and they had it in a box, not in HD, with mono audio. They are really pushing the show if they put it on 3 times in primetime. And most of the time, I was watching hurricane news.
PS- I didn't like it and didn't watch it very long!!

Caught this last night, the visuals were stunning! I've never been to Hawaii but this show sure makes me want to go. NBC is slowly becoming a channel I watch (rarely have before). LAX, Hawaii, Father of the Pride and Las Vegas hopefully will all be good shows.

Cool! I think I caught an ad for that once, looks like they'll be giving CSI a run for their money.

You know what else does IMO, I never get into Fox shows because they notoriously cancel them prematurely... but I just rented Season 1 of 24, and it was excellent (still watching the last espisodes) much better than The Grid in terms of writing and acting. However I think you're right, between Alias, 24, Medical Mysteries they should be able to make a dent at CSI Miami/Vegas/New York..

24 Season 1 was pretty good, but donk't bother with 2 & 3, they get so far-fetched and ridiculous, I quit watching it. I can't wait for Alias, it's one of my Favs, I have all 3 seasons on DVD. Jennifer Garner kicks major Booty, it's hard for me to envision her in "13 Going on 30".

I'm going to watch 2 & 3 regardless if they fly off the handle a bit, Fox has a knack for sticking their Jimmy into the wrong holes, look at the premature cancelation of Firefly? It's like they are incredibly impatient, in any case the reason why is Season 4 of 24 looks to be hotness, I want all the backstory for it before then.

I have NBCs Thursday night lineup HD-PVR'd so that Friday monring I can see if it was any good. I don't like that idea of having two good shows friday night with CSI and medical inves. cause I can only record one HD show at a time.

Is anyone (or everyone for that matter) getting Hawaii in HD tonight? I ask because here in Detroit I'm getting it in SD widescreen. No bueno. :no

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts