HBO HD Picture problems

Wayne88

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 22, 2005
Baltimore, MD
When watching HBO HD in Baltimore recently, I noticed that the picture would be good and suddenly would freeze and then dissolve into pixels for a couple of seconds before returning to good again. Sometimes the audio would do the same or would continue during the picture pause and pixellation. This has only been recent and I see it on both HBO HD channels for Baltimore area (228 & 301). All of the other HD channels are fine, so I know that it is not a loose HDMI/DVI cable to TV or loose coax cable going to DCT-6412.
I am wondering if it is a HBO HD issue or a Comcast issue everywhere for this channel or even just a Comcast issue isolated to Baltimore area (or to my house alone ....LOL). Thanks!

Wayne

Signal Issue

jgantert said:
No problems here in Howard County. Maybe its a signal issue to your box?

-John

Not sure what the problem is but the fact that all of the other HD stations are fine, suggests that it is something other than signal issues. Also my 2 other HDboxes (the non-DCT-6412's have the same problem ...again only with HBO-HD). Hmmm strange....maybe it will go away as mysteriously as it appeared. If it persists, I will call tech support. Could be worse. Thanks
Wayne

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)