HBO Price Increase

E

ekilgus

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 22, 2007
Southeast US
By now most of us probably heard about HBO MAX increasing their monthly price by $1 to $15.99 a month. We who subscribe to HBO through Dish were wondering if that price increase affected us as well since we automatically get HBO MAX through our HBO on Dish. Well, wonder no more because I received a letter from Dish indicating they're increasing the price of HBO by $1. I don't think anyone is surprised by this.

B

Bossmas4325

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Mar 16, 2022
FLORIDA
By now most of us probably heard about HBO MAX increasing their monthly price by $1 to $15.99 a month. We who subscribe to HBO through Dish were wondering if that price increase affected us as well since we automatically get HBO MAX through our HBO on Dish. Well, wonder no more because I received a letter from Dish indicating they're increasing the price of HBO by $1. I don't think anyone is surprised by this.
i have hbo max free through my cell phone company

Bruce

Bruce

Bender and Chloe, the real Members of the Year
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 29, 2003
i have hbo max free through my cell phone company
You do know it is not free, it is just the price of it is added into your monthly bill, they just do not line item it.

Reactions: Mike0616, ekilgus, charlesrshell and 1 other person
Jim5506

Jim5506

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Lubbock, Texas
You do know it is not free, it is just the price of it is added into your monthly bill, they just do not line item it.
All I know is that it was added to the account perks over a year ago with no change in price of my service. Matter of fact by upgrading to that service, by bill went down slightly and I received unlimited talk, text and data, plus HBO Max and they recently just opened up nearly all of north and south America to me with the same level of service (except the speed of data is never as good in Central and South America as it is here). BTY - I've had this company since the early 2000's and my price has gone down with almost every upgrade in service and I have never had them raise my rates.

Reactions: Cypresstree and charlesrshell
Josephinelcajon

Josephinelcajon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 31, 2016
San Diego CA
As a free ATT customer, I am waiting for the day they no longer offer it to us customers!

Reactions: jerryez and charlesrshell
jerryez

jerryez

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Pensacola,FL
If it's too good to be true, it usually is! Nothing in life is FREE.

Reactions: charlesrshell
sktrus

sktrus

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 4, 2020
Ken ta kee
it is not free
Well, it may be! I use TMo for Internet (not cell service for our phones). I just renewed my free one year subscription for Paramount+. TMo offered it last year. The cheap one with the ads. If I remember correctly, they also provided free Apple tv subscription.

Bruce

Bruce

Bender and Chloe, the real Members of the Year
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 29, 2003
Well, it may be! I use TMo for Internet (not cell service for our phones). I just renewed my free one year subscription for Paramount+. TMo offered it last year. The cheap one with the ads. If I remember correctly, they also provided free Apple tv subscription.
It is still not free, T-Mobile still has to pay Paramount for it, then they figure out what your monthly bill is and including Paramount+ in it.

Again, while they do not line item it, you are paying for it.

sktrus

sktrus

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 4, 2020
Ken ta kee
I am not paying a Cent for it. Sure, TMo must be paying something to Paramount+ provider.

I look at my bill. The amount before I subscribed and after is still the same. Every month last year. I imagine TMo has a deal with a provider and they hope TMo users will enjoy it and think twice before they consider dropping their Tmo service.
I was about to cancel Paramount+ last December before one year deal ended. Tmo offered it again. I continued. I check my bill online and paper bill they send me. Still $50 per month. No change.