HD-A1 audio issues even with current FW?

landlocked

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
Columbus, OH
I watched my second HD DVD title, Assault on Pecinct 13, the other night and I continued to have audio sync issues. At one point, between apparent chapter changes, the audio went out completely for about a minute. A couple of other times it simply went out of sync by about 2 seconds.

I'm wondering if the unit is still *that* bugged or if I just have a bad player? :confused:

landlocked said:
I watched my second HD DVD title, Assault on Pecinct 13, the other night and I continued to have audio sync issues. At one point, between apparent chapter changes, the audio went out completely for about a minute. A couple of other times it simply went out of sync by about 2 seconds.

I'm wondering if the unit is still *that* bugged or if I just have a bad player? :confused:

Check the disk for ANYTHING - smudges, dirt, etc. The HD DVD player is super sensative to anything on the disk. I've even had "virginal" (shipped 1st day of release" rentals from Netflix that looked clean, the movies stuttered, and on closer inspection found tiny specks of paper from the sleeve. Played fine after washing. Even discs I own have had problems on 2nd or 3rd playing that washing cured.

But, no - other than dirty discs I've never had any audio issues with the original FW or the current 1.2 version.

Ive had a couple of audio glitches. Id say Ive had 2 over the course of about 10 movies. You do have to clean the disks.

I had occasional audio sync issues before the update. Didn't notice any since the update, but can't say for sure that they went away.

Try this: press the Pause button, wait a couple of seconds and then press Play. Worked for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)