HD and Local channel issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ewing384

Original poster
May 7, 2007
I have had my Direct Tv service of less than 3 weeks and my locals and my HD channels are now missing. After a few calls and a repair visit I was told that trees were blocking the signal. I tried to get a second opinion and I have to wait more that a week for another tech to come out. So I checked on getting a refund and cancelling the service but was told that would cause my to be charged with a cancellation fee, I would have to return my equipment, and I would not be refunded the money I paid for the equipment.

The order was place through DTV the equip bought through DTV and the service installed by DTV. It never worked and continues to not work. However because it was activated and I agreed (I guess) that it worked ok then I have no recourse.

My question is...does anyone know how to get around this loop hole on the cancellation. Or does anyone know how to make the channels work. I would like to keep the service despite the poor customer service, but only if it works. Who has ever heard of paying for equipment, not having it work, not being able to fix the problem, making you return the equipment, and not give you a refund?????

I cant help but laugh at the situation. But when I look at my bank statement and see that I bought a HD/DVR and HD box for around $400 it hurts too much to laugh.

I have had my Direct Tv service of less than 3 weeks and my locals and my HD channels are now missing. After a few calls and a repair visit I was told that trees were blocking the signal. I tried to get a second opinion and I have to wait more that a week for another tech to come out. So I checked on getting a refund and cancelling the service but was told that would cause my to be charged with a cancellation fee, I would have to return my equipment, and I would not be refunded the money I paid for the equipment.

The order was place through DTV the equip bought through DTV and the service installed by DTV. It never worked and continues to not work. However because it was activated and I agreed (I guess) that it worked ok then I have no recourse.

My question is...does anyone know how to get around this loop hole on the cancellation. Or does anyone know how to make the channels work. I would like to keep the service despite the poor customer service, but only if it works. Who has ever heard of paying for equipment, not having it work, not being able to fix the problem, making you return the equipment, and not give you a refund?????

I cant help but laugh at the situation. But when I look at my bank statement and see that I bought a HD/DVR and HD box for around $400 it hurts too much to laugh.

Did you check to see that everything was working correctly before signing off on the installers sheet? Was everything working correctly? If not, then I think it is your fault. If it was, then tell that to Directv and the BBB if you get no satisfaction from Directv.

Yes all seemed to be working fine when the installer left. I noticed pixelation in about 4 days and then lost all locals and later hd channels. I think the trees started to fill out more and that caused the delay in the signal loss.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts