HD DVR MPEG4 / Slim Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Is it going to be a TIVO or Direct TVs own brand? Do you also think it will have on screen caller ID.

I read non-TiVo and as long as the caller ID doesn't dump onto the recording that would be an OK feature. I have phones in each room with ID on the handset so on-screen is no issue.

Anybody have a picture of the new slim dish? I cannot get either link to work to download the PDF's.

Stargazer said:
Anybody have a picture of the new slim dish? I cannot get either link to work to download the PDF's.

Here you go. Named SlimLine as you can see in the copy. Sure looks like the DirecPC reflector to me. LOL!

Attachments

• NextGen DirecTV Dish.jpg
    NextGen DirecTV Dish.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 476
Last edited:
charper the one i saw was like the old fiberglass paratodos (more oval) than the phase 3 (more rectangular with rounded edges).
it looked about 2 or 3 inches wider than the paratodos.. im estimating 18x25 or 26. and the az/el arm was 1 5/8 not 2 inch, that may have changed in beta.

dragon002 said:
charper the one i saw was like the old fiberglass paratodos (more oval)

I have no clue, this image one came directly from the horse's (DirecTV) own mouth/literature.

Last edited:
hdtvtechno said:
Im wondering if it can use the existing mounting from the existing mounting from the 3 LNB dish?, that be great :)

It sure looks like the original PhaseIII mast/mount with an adapter "plate" on the top. IF this photo from DirecTV accurately represents what comes out in the real world.

So would this 2nd gen have better wind load cap than the current 5lnb? Reason I'm asking is I have tree issues and my 3lnb is mounted on the eve facia board at the peak of the roof. I was worried the installer would have issues with the install when the HR20 comes out, and I swap it for my HR10.---Ray

Ray

Get that AT-9 OFF your house!!!! Sorry dragon and charper!!

The AT-9 should have 2 support arms. If the AT-9 is installed correctly it does not move at all.

The arm on the slimline looks thinner and so does the base. Also in my case size of the dish means ZERO so the bigger the better, less chance of rain fade etc.

The smaller the reflector the less signal to work with. Don't attack me for this, it is just my experience.

Eric, you say that the AT9 dish should have 2 support arms.

Are you aware that the dish does not come with these supports? My dish is mounted on a pole and is very stable.

Where do you get the support arms?

Bill

Status
Please reply by conversation.

My weekend call /MPEG4 upgrade "news"

Worst Dish Install

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)