This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

HD in 3MHz

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Panavision

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 23, 2007
St. Louis Park, Minnesota
Someone touched upon this briefly in an earlier thread, but it appears NBC is cramming a 1080i signal into a 3MHz slice. At least the service name suggests this. And they're using a tiny 2306 SR. Granted, the FEC is 8/9! The picture is stunning. And to think, they're using a little over half the bandwidth typical DVB-S SD newsfeeds use.

AMC1
12112 H 2306
DVBS2/8PSK
8/9

I am locking this on my 76cm Winegard with 65% quality using a Skybox F3 and invacom QPH-031.

Sent from my Timex Sinclair using SatelliteGuys

Someone touched upon this briefly in an earlier thread, but it appears NBC is cramming a 1080i signal into a 3MHz slice. At least the service name suggests this. And they're using a tiny 2306 SR. Granted, the FEC is 8/9! The picture is stunning.

yeah, not bad of setup for putting up color bars and talking heads with very little transponder space used. I hate to think what sports would look like in this setup, even using H264 video compression.

guess that makes the rest of the NBCUniv HD news feeds in 5 MHz transponder slices and other news networks HD news feeds also in 5 MHz transponder slices look like overkill.

Q 58 - 63 with an occasional 50 (and video pausing) on a 1.2 & S9. Heavy clouds - haven't seen the sun, or blue sky, for a week.

I'm not seeing it with my Micro with a 90cm here.

it's a very touchy signal. I don't get it on my Primestar AMC-1 dish, I can't use my 1.2m because I don't have skew control on that one, but I receive it pretty good (occ minor breakup blocks) on a 8' dish and solid on a 10' dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.