HD Locals in Denver?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

adawhi

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 26, 2005
Denver, Colorado
Last night I had some issues and needed to call DN for tech assistance. The tech guy pulls my record and says "Looks like you have a Dish 1000 install set up for next week - since you live in Denver, you will be able to pick up your locals in HD off 129 . . ."

Uh, did I miss something or should I have asked this guy to pass the bong?

adawhi said:
Last night I had some issues and needed to call DN for tech assistance. The tech guy pulls my record and says "Looks like you have a Dish 1000 install set up for next week - since you live in Denver, you will be able to pick up your locals in HD off 129 . . ."

Uh, did I miss something or should I have asked this guy to pass the bong?

He's wrong. You can get HD programming off of 129. You CANNOT get your HD locals off of 129. DISH does not currently have any HD locals available anywhere in the country (although some were reportedly uplinked for testing a while back). He may have been referring to your "extra" locals which are on 129.

chaddux said:
He's wrong. You can get HD programming off of 129. You CANNOT get your HD locals off of 129. DISH does not currently have any HD locals available anywhere in the country (although some were reportedly uplinked for testing a while back). He may have been referring to your "extra" locals which are on 129.

Pure, unfounded speculation on my part but didn't Denver used to be one of the DNS groups offered years ago before "E" reduced the choices to just NY & LA ? If the Denver nets are still on conus, Is it remotly concievable that Dish may go back to that scheme, only this time with digital (HD) DNS ?

waltinvt said:
Pure, unfounded speculation on my part but didn't Denver used to be one of the DNS groups offered years ago before "E" reduced the choices to just NY & LA ? If the Denver nets are still on conus, Is it remotly concievable that Dish may go back to that scheme, only this time with digital (HD) DNS ?

Dish offers NY/LA/Den/Atl/Chi for distant nets. And if you add them through the website, you can have more than two (website screw up). Makes for a nice mini sunday ticket setup if you can get the distants.

SatinKzo said:
Dish offers NY/LA/Den/Atl/Chi for distant nets. And if you add them through the website, you can have more than two (website screw up). Makes for a nice mini sunday ticket setup if you can get the distants.
Yeah, it does. :D

I'm grandfathered for NY, LA, and DEN, plus have COS - which is now the only ABC I get due to KRDO.

KRDO SUCKS

goaliebob99 said:
Thats why I moved to chicago :) from the springs :)

big fellow no his dma is Colorado Springs.
My current DMA is Colo. Spgs., but I opened my Dish account as a C-Band convert (special rules applied) while I was in the Denver DMA.

If I had a brain I would've "forgotten" to tell Dish I moved. :cool:

Can anyone take a guess at what the weather is going to be like in denver around march 18. Im going to a consert and Im trying to figure out if I will ride my motorcle or fly. Srrry of topic but it has something to do w/ local denver

rdinkel said:
March is the snowest month in Colorado. Switches between 60+ degrees and heavy, wet snow.

And that's just Tuesday afternoon! Seriously, you can see a change from 60 degrees and sunny to a full ranging blizzard in under 2 hours.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts