HD locals on DISH

ScoBuck

'Just Chillin'
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 11, 2006
Long Island, NY
Wow - can it be true that there has been absolutely no new HD locals markets lit since last July?

I find this hard to believe. Is there any posted or expected schedule for when they intend to supply these important channels to the rest of the country?

I believe the last three markets to be added were Raleigh and Pittsburgh in December '06, and Charlotte in January '07.

Wow - can it be true that there has been absolutely no new HD locals markets lit since last July?

I find this hard to believe. Is there any posted or expected schedule for when they intend to supply these important channels to the rest of the country?
feedtroll.gif

D* lit up Greenville-Spartanburg-Asheville market this week, plus others. E* is falling behind in locals at a very fast pace,it will be very hard for me to reccomend E* to people that buy HD sets and have reception problems with OTA as of now.

D* lit up Greenville-Spartanburg-Asheville market this week, plus others. E* is falling behind in locals at a very fast pace,it will be very hard for me to reccomend E* to people that buy HD sets and have reception problems with OTA as of now.

My count (think its accurate)

D* 53 markets (and 4 add'l next week)

E* 28 markets - no news that I can find

The stats show that D* offers HD lils to 20% more U.S. households than E* at the present time.

What I am not sure of is why E* has fallen so far behind what they announced. They said they would light the first 5 in Jan of 06 and 5 markets a month the rest of the year. They should have had 60 markets lit by December 31 according to their own announcements. Anyone know what happened?

My count (think its accurate)

D* 53 markets (and 4 add'l next week)

E* 28 markets - no news that I can find

The stats show that D* offers HD lils to 20% more U.S. households than E* at the present time.

What I am not sure of is why E* has fallen so far behind what they announced. They said they would light the first 5 in Jan of 06 and 5 markets a month the rest of the year. They should have had 60 markets lit by December 31 according to their own announcements. Anyone know what happened?
Just speculating, but I'd say it's a shortage of dishes/LNBs capable of seeing the FSS transponders at 118.7º.

Greenville/Asheville just went HD locals this week on Directv.

Of course, we were supposed to be on Dish Network last year.

Tell me why again I'm still with Dish?

Don't even count Raleigh as having been added yet. Only two stations are available...that's only about 30% of the locals we have here in HD. Until they add WRAL and WRAZ (local CBS and FOX), Raleigh shouldn't even be on E*'s list!

Neither "E" nor "D" are interested in the smaller DMAs - especially if the affiliates involved are expecting anything in return.

The only way many rural areas will ever get HD locals is if some kind of legislation forces "must carry" for digital signals of the basic networks.

Greenville/Asheville just went HD locals this week on Directv.

Of course, we were supposed to be on Dish Network last year.

Tell me why again I'm still with Dish?

I am no expert (not at all), but there just has to be some problems that they are not talking about. They are so worried now about getting baseball for 60,000 people, but not our HD locals for MILLIONS of people.

go figure

Tulsa locals were supposed to be added last quarter of 2006. Never happened. Was told by someone at the ceo email that they should be on in the first quarter of 2007. Well, that didnt happen either. I used to have D* a LONG time ago and after having E* I never thought I would think about switching, but if D* gets those locas put up here real soon, I just may have to switch back. :(

Neither "E" nor "D" are interested in the smaller DMAs - especially if the affiliates involved are expecting anything in return.

The only way many rural areas will ever get HD locals is if some kind of legislation forces "must carry" for digital signals of the basic networks.

What do you mean by smaller DMAs? Reno, NV is DMA #110 and they are receiving all big four HD locals from DirecTV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)