HD Packages

Bosco

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 1, 2005
I really need your help guys.

I want to upgrade to the 622 and have several questions about the metal HD packages offered. Here's what I presently have:

One 942 receiver (leased at $5.00/month)
America's Top 180 package with local channels ($52.99/month).
Starz/HBO package ($22.90/month).
HD package ($9.99/month).
DVR Service fee ($4.99/month).
OTA antenna (free).
Dish500 antenna (free upgrade).

For a grand total of $95.96/month (not including taxes).

OK, here are my questions:

1) Is there a comparision chart that can allow me to easily evaluate the metal packages to the old America's package..?

2) While viewing the HD metal packages offered by Dish Network, I see that the Gold package offers 23 HD channels (are they including the voom channels), but for the life of me I cannot find (through their website) what those channels are. Is there a link to that info..?

3) Also while viewing the HD packages, I do not see the AMC channel at all. Am I missing something here..? Is it included with at least the Gold package..?

I have been holding out on making the jump to the 622, but just recently my 942 has been giving me problems with the OTA channels. A real pain that is. I have to reboot the 942 at least 2-3 times a night if I want to view any programming via OTA. The TV goes black, but the sound is still there (but that's another issue).

I appreciate any help ya'll can offer.

each package contains the same 23 HD channels dish as (which is the 15 voom, 7 others, and their HD PPV)

the other 2 hd channels, HBO and Show are still included for those that get those movie packs in their sub

the difference are the sd channels which is exactly the same as SD. so gold = AT180

Bosco said:
OK, here are my questions:

1) Is there a comparision chart that can allow me to easily evaluate the metal packages to the old America's package..?

2) While viewing the HD metal packages offered by Dish Network, I see that the Gold package offers 23 HD channels (are they including the voom channels), but for the life of me I cannot find (through their website) what those channels are. Is there a link to that info..?

3) Also while viewing the HD packages, I do not see the AMC channel at all. Am I missing something here..? Is it included with at least the Gold package..?

answers: 1) Dish has one on it's website, it misses a lot of channels. Basically Bronze is AT60, Silver is AT120, Gold is AT180 and Platinum is All Everything Package.

2) Yes, it is hard to find. It is your current HD pack with ESPN2 and Universal HD added plus the 15 Voom channels: They are listed better at www.voom.com.

3) Oversite, Dish's site omitted several channels.
Note: I have not had your issue with ota on my 622.

See HD Channels on the EKB.

You may wish to consider moving up to Platinum (AEP + DishHD). The HD package will cost $5/mo more rather than $10 over what you're currently paying, and the DVR fee which has gone up to $5.98 is waived. Apply that $11 you would have spent anyway to Showtime HD and for a few bucks more get Cinemax. If you add a 2nd DVR that's another $5.98 saved each month.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts