HD partial signal loss . . . LNB or 722K failing?

Crickee

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 11, 2010
Virginia
Installed 722K on 7/3, last couple of days we get the complete signal loss screen on Tuner 1, then it will work fine. Tonight system info says LNB drift, I am not sure what numbers you need, but we found that some HD channels aren't working and some are. Tuner 2 is working fine with no problems. We have an ancient Dish 500 system, LNB is probably 7 years old. Any help or ideas? Trying to decide if the new receiver is bad or the LNB is going. Should I contact DIRT to get tech sent out?

Last edited:
is there something going on?

our 722 started experiencing something similar to this ~4 days ago on tuner-2. changed the wiring and separator setup and now it sees signal on all sats on both tuners, BUT instead of showing the switch as "DPP Twin, Twin(1), Twin(2), Singl(3)" like the 211k does, it shows the switch as SW64.

This is very strange, but at least it is working now.

Last edited:
We ended up having a tech come out. We lost our HD channels for about 2 days, then it finally bit the dust with complete signal loss. It was our LNB on our Dish 500 dish. The tech's came out today and installed the Dish 1000. We were going to upgrade the Hopper/Joey today, but the first tech that came out didn't have a clue how to mirror a Joey and had never seen a home distribution system like we have. 3 hours later after a Tech supervisor showed up we have the new Dish 1000 and our 722K is up and running. They will come back next week to install our Dish on a new pole and bury the wire. Is there some kind of adapter out there for the old poles? This has been a very frustrating day to say the least. We aren't sure if we want to upgrade to the H/J at this point. The tech said he has to run a 2nd cable to install the Joeys. Can anyone tell me if they fish it through the wall to the current coax outlet and make it look nice? Years ago a tech drilled through the floor, and I am still not happy with that.

They run cable to a node. I belive it's 2 cable for a single Hopper/node and 3 if it's 2 Hoppers with a dual node. From the node they run 1 cable to each device.