HD programming on Ku

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dashaund

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 13, 2006
Travelers Rest, SC
As posted previously in the PC DVB area I've got my Twinhan 102g installed and it seems to be working well now for 4:2:0 HD feeds. Haven't found any 4:2:2 to try it on yet. My question is are there any more HD programming on Ku besides PBS HD on AMC 3. I know OLN is on, but that's on C-band. And I'm having trouble finding any HD feeds. Maybe I'm missing them on blind scan on my Coolsat...it does find PBS HD though. If I knew of any more I could manually enter them with the PIDs and all. I know weekends are heavy with college football, but I was hoping I could find something else besides PBS...even though I do enjoy it.

dashaund said:
As posted previously in the PC DVB area I've got my Twinhan 102g installed and it seems to be working well now for 4:2:0 HD feeds. Haven't found any 4:2:2 to try it on yet. My question is are there any more HD programming on Ku besides PBS HD on AMC 3. I know OLN is on, but that's on C-band. And I'm having trouble finding any HD feeds. Maybe I'm missing them on blind scan on my Coolsat...it does find PBS HD though. If I knew of any more I could manually enter them with the PIDs and all. I know weekends are heavy with college football, but I was hoping I could find something else besides PBS...even though I do enjoy it.

When you find a feed that the Coolsat scanned in but it can't "see" it, fire up TSReader and take a look at it. Your HD stuff is usually going to be in 25000-29000 SR range.

You mean like the 4:2:2 of the Sunday night football game on NBC at 36Mbps?

Attachments

• nbchd22fx0.jpg
    nbchd22fx0.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 207
Last edited by a moderator:
Man, this stuff looks GOOD! There was much speculation as to if the you could use hardware acceleration with 4:2:2 content or even 4:2:0 HD. Ony my machine, it does. Even with VLC, which isn't directly supported. On PBS, my CPU sits between 15-25% load, and with the NBC 4:2:2 stuff on AMC1, its at about 10%. VLC pops up a label on the taskbar that reads "harware YUV overlay DirectX output." This could be PureVideo, I'm not sure. But I am floored at how low my cpu cycles are. Can't with till Sat (maybe Thursday night) when I can test out some 4:2:2 HD stuff. I'm crossing my fingers that I get the same results with those contents. At first, as you might read on a previous thread I submitted, my CPU cycle were up in the 90s. The reason was my interlacing mode. One I put it on "discard" the CPU cycles dropped. An then I messed around with the settings and got hardware accerlation on and working properly. YEAH! Now, why couldn't I get it to work so that I could watch SNF in 36 Mbps? WOW! That's a ton of bandwidth! That's like all the HD channels on D* combined!

HDTVFanAtic said:
You mean like the 4:2:2 of the Sunday night football game on NBC at 36Mbps?

Watched that one myself! Flipped back and forth between my local NBC-HD OTA signal (no subchannels) and the difference was night and day due to the almost double bit rate.

HDTVFanAtic said:
But now you cannot read the figures and bitrate :(

yes you can. Click on the thumbnail and it blows up to regular size :)
On firefox, I have a magnefying glass that I can hit to make it full size (instead of just same page size as my screen)

when talking about hd on ku why does everyone forget
the nbc hd mux on amc1
i know that you have to offset the lnb but its always there and
if you get it in there is always something to watch

i saw the new shows preview about 3 weeks before it ran localy

docj2005 said:
when talking about hd on ku why does everyone forget
the nbc hd mux on amc1
i know that you have to offset the lnb but its always there and
if you get it in there is always something to watch

i saw the new shows preview about 3 weeks before it ran localy

What TP is the NBC HD mux on at amc1?

Lyngsat lists NBC on 2 TPs but does say if any are HD.

RVD420 said:
What TP is the NBC HD mux on at amc1?

Lyngsat lists NBC on 2 TPs but does say if any are HD.

From Lyngsat I would guess Tp3 since that is one the few with a symbol rate high enough for it (Tp7 and Tp9 might but they have some 4:2:2 stuff already). Of course Lyngsat may not be accurate. If you have a dedicated receiver, blind scan it and look for the telltale signs of an HD channel i.e. no picture and one channel on a transponder with a high symbol rate.

I wish I could check for you but I'm in the fringes of the footprint and I don't want to skew the lnb on my motorized dish for this. Soon I will be able to, though, as there is a 1.2m dish in my garage waiting to be mounted and pointed at something. This satellite is one of my two top choices for a dedicated dish (SBS-6 being the other - also weak here).

dvb world receiver, WB HD on G16

Have my DVB World receiver slaved off my Fortec Ultra. Using BSC621-2 C/ku/

I can get the GDMX channel line on G16, and am trying to go for WB HD.

I can see the screen change from 720x480 on 6/6, but when I change to WB Network I can see 1920x1080 go by on the screen, but it stays black, no picture.

Have signal and qualiyt at 70%, CU Processor is steady at 60%. This is a very strong PC, high end video card etc.

What could the problem be?

Possibly not content. Not sure though, I don't have C-band capabilities. I've noticed many of the feed channels will have a signal and quality, but just a black screen. Not saying this is probably it, but possibly an option. I assume you're getting stations such as PBS HD, correct? If so, then I'd say no content.

having a difficult time with amc3 and PBS HD.
I've moved the cable directltyy to the World box receiver, still nothing 12128h
and AMC3

pmb1010 said:
having a difficult time with amc3 and PBS HD.
I've moved the cable directltyy to the World box receiver, still nothing 12128h
and AMC3

Very low quality last few nights around 40% signal quality here in MN. on my DVB World box!

now it quit

device only lasted 2 hours.

Now it says "Fail to init device, please check it! Do you want to try again?"

I get that 3 times, then it does open the program window, but thewrench icon only allows changing Brightness/jue, contast, etc. No more channel parameters.

Pete - do I have a weird acting unit???

now I'm in a real jam...
I've removed it and and resinstalled.

Still device will not start 'error 10' in device manager.

Pete - I guess I could tryon another computer, but this one is the best I got and really wanted it working on this machine.

ideas?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)