This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

HD to SD Tivo Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Giff10

Original poster
Dec 20, 2004
I have a Samsung HD reciever and just recieved a SD Tivo unit as a gift. Is there any certain way to hook these up and get them to work properly together? I am not concerned about recording in HD.

Equipment:

Toshiba 62HM84 HD TV
Samsung 360 HD STB
SD Tivo 40 Hour DVR
Onkyo 797 Receiver

Is your Tivo a DirecTV Tivo or a stand alone? Assuming it is, I have one hooked directly to my TV set using S-Video.

You can use the 360 using the S-Vid in and switch inputs via remote. This would allow the 360 to upconvert the Tivo. I found it easier for me to go direct to my set rather than using the Samsung box for input switching.

It is a stand alone Tivo box. Does this change anything? If you don't mind indicate what needs to be hooked to what and I will give it a try.

thinking of doing the same thing .. need to know if can still keep my Hughes HD recevier hooked up RGB but run an s-video out to the Tivo ? and use 2 different inputs on the tv ?

I tried that but can't seem to get it to work properly. I guess that is why I was looking for some help.

Status
Please reply by conversation.