HD tv live production (1 Viewer)

Register Today to see less ads! It's Free!
Apr 19, 2006
Does anyone know how much it would cost/budget needed for a live HD feed of a large scale event like that of the Discovery shuttle launch last July? Where could I find information on having a live internet feed for the event, equipment involved, companies that could do this kind of work, key people to talk to, costs involved etc etc etc.

BFG

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Mar 2, 2004
Orlando
where are you located?

There is usally 1 or 2 comanies in big areas that do productions like that. You hire them and they do all the rest.

Apr 19, 2006
Thanks neal,

do you know any more specific technical details and does anyone out there know anything about the costs and equipment involved in the Visions 05 under water expedition? What would I need for an internet HD live feed? Money no object.

lakebum431

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 5, 2005
Norris, TN
They do the local NBC news in live HD every day (in Atlanta), but I'm not sure the cost of something like what you are talking about.

gutter

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
May 26, 2004
You may want to contact VOOM as they have contracts in Europe for HD productions. It is not just the cost of the production equipment but the high bit rate satellite feeds to get the signal to the distribution point.

No Strings

SatelliteGuys Pro
Sep 17, 2005
Mitchell, South Dakota
middlefield pictures said:
Thanks neal,

do you know any more specific technical details and does anyone out there know anything about the costs and equipment involved in the Visions 05 under water expedition? What would I need for an internet HD live feed? Money no object.
Massive bandwidth....

Neal

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts